close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Marietta 2006 Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Jul 29, 2006.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your stories here. Wish I could have shot today. Maybe Topton.

2. R.TOKER

R.TOKER

I will be shooting tomorrow (sun.) I live about 1 1/2 hours north of Marietta and let me tell you it is steamin' this weekend in Ohio. Bring plenty of water, water,water. Good luck, see you all tomorrow.

3. Old Man

Old Man

When we got to the range at 9 on Saturday, there were more RO's than shooters, but things picked up. It was a great match, but I shot poorly. Here's a pic Mrs. old man took: Edwin (err), Jim (old man), and Dennis (Festus).

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Jim;

Great pic but y'al are going to have to let up on "Old Festus", he sure lookslike he has been sweating awfully hard. :devilishgrin: :rofl: :dancingbanana:

5. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Don...it started the morning before when I went up the steps with a cooler of ice,diet pepsi and flavored water to take to the match...the handle broke...and the next day well everything went to a place that was terribly warm....I could not hit anything...missed (7) plates...(1) mike on the 5 to glock and 1 to (2) Mikes on the Glock M...I could have blamed it on my pistol breaking the locking block pin and I had to use my backup...the only thing that broke was confidence and I had a big piece of humble pie....the result was somewhere around a 200.xx......Can't use the backup excuse...today shot 700 rounds and it took 680 to figure out I was using too much finger on the trigger and my stance stinks because of the next possible operation...a scoped left knee....whoopie, well I'm still a hefty 245 and that really needs to be a healthier 225#,..... The truth is too many Long Island Ice Teas the night before with Edwin,Jim,Ed and their lovely wives...the highlight of the trip...missed Christopher and Sharon and hoped they faired well.

The match was ran flawlessly and as always was deeply impressed with RO's there and their effort and time in the heat and humidity.:supergrin:Yupper see ya in Topton despite that big piece of humble pie. :freak:

6. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Scott said 271 ,about 20 more than last year and the best turn out ever. it was hot saturday and way hotter sunday. i worked the duel range, 5TG and the M all in one place. in 2 days of shooting i never had enough people at one time to try to squad people up like you're suspose to. basically a shooter walked up and got a score sheet and got to shoot. i as impressed with the number of of good shooters, women and youngins talking up the sport. a rough count in my head i had about 20 people come by that i know from 5 differant states. it's always great to meet up with shooting friends you don't see often. unlike how i had it planned out i never won either RO gun and the 2 club guns that were raffeled off went to someone other than me. i heard the winners names but neither i knew.

7. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

FESTUS;

You will make a great come back. Sounds like a very challenging weekend. Truely looking forward to seeing you at Topton. Maybe next year I will make the Marietta match as well. I have family in Columbus and Grove City and my wife is retiring as of 12 Aug. 2006 so I would have no excuse not to make it except for either health or hurricane reasons. :beer:

8. Ghost361

Ghost361

Well Team G.O.A. U.T.L. was there but thier shooting ability was "gone on arrival unable to locate" so we dropped the huge bomb. Practice sessions are always so much higher scoring. Guess thats why the pressure of competition is so damn much fun. Anyway finally got to meet ede and some of the other great RO's. Pre registering is definitely the way to go. Got there shot the matches fairly quickly and had a real good day. It was hot hot hot. The range lay out was really nice. I wish I lived closer as that would be a range I would love to join. The plates were a blast and i much prefer the 16" on center plates. My buddy Chris came with us and shot with Festus and ede's team and looks like he shot between a 90-100 or so. He had a good time and we shared my 17 for his 2 events. My barrel was smoking. Figure the glock 17 flawlessly fed 400 rnds with very little downtime in 90+ degree weather with just a small drop of M-PRO 7 on each rail, under the connector, and a super light coating on the barrel. If only the shooter on guiding end performed so well. Can't wait to see the scores. Good luck to all. :beer:

9. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

I did all right in Am Civ, but the other categories were nothing to write home about. I tried Master Stock for the first time. On the M I was only .01 off my Civ score, and the plates, I was only 4 seconds, but the 5 to G did me in. Too many Ds and Mikes. I'll just have to do better later. I have done worse, though, and I saw a lot of people I knew. I enjoyed the match. The roads to there aren't exactly the best and it's out in the boonies, but it sure is fun shooting there. The ROs are super, polite and great to be with. I thanked each one after each stage I was shooting. They do a great job. It was good to be there again, since I wasn't there since 2004.:rollsmiley: :rollsmiley:

10. ERR

ERR

Friday night dinner was great with Team Indy Glockers. Saturday morning the sky was cloudy and there was a small breeze so It was not as hot as Minnesota. The ROs are very friendly and did a outstanding job, I didn't have to wait at any of the stages. I had a pretty good day of shooting by posting my best scores in 3 catergories. Looking forward to Brighton.

11. KYgundoc

KYgundoc

What a great day of shooting and getting to see the people you make lasting friendships with at GSSF matches. I was traveling in the best of company this trip with GLW. When we droped into Parkersburg WV Terminator and Mrs T Paula met us at the Airport and gave us a ride to the match. More friends that are the best. We flew in on Glock Air (more about that Later) We get to the range at 1:30 Sunday and there are almost no shooter ahead of us so we get done in short order so that leaves time to talk to new people and for me to take pictures.
    I hope showing pictures of GLW shooting is not going to steal his MoJo.

Picture number one is "ede" scoring the "M" [​IMG]

Picture 2 is Grady shooting the "M"
    [​IMG]

Picture 3 is Grady shooting the plates. After the first run all thr RO could say was WOW!
    [​IMG]

If this works more pictures to come

12. pasqual

pasqual

I went on Sunday morning, and had a blast even though it was a bit hot. Shooting was just fair, but the people are great, the RO's did a great job, and all the other shooters seemed to be having a good time. I saw no one who didn't have a smile on their face. Everyone I talked to said it was a good match and said they were glad they came. So a Good Job Guys! I will be there next year. :)

13. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

I may have been the guy that demanded to be squadded:supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin:

It was really nice, we walked up to each stage and the ROs were not only waiting for shooters but sometimes called us by name as we walked up.

On the way across West Virginia, despite all recommendations, I said, "lets just take RTE50 all the way it's only 107 miles from Romney to Clarksburg." Map-quest gives an estimation of the time it will take by looking at the posted speed limit. It does not take the FACT That every 1/4 mile you have a fifteen mile an hour "curve".

About those curves, you know how they put one of those yellow signs with the Big arrow pointing to show you that the road curves?

Well this is the first time (and I have been driving a long time) that I saw two arrows, one in each direction, with the points touching each other.

It sort of worked out because by the time we got to the range it was sort of cloudy with a breeze and it really was not that uncomfortable.

We actually shot fairly well. OK Sniper I did lose my concentration and look at the close target at the M and promptly put it a D on it.

The plate racks worked really great (when you hit them).

The ROs are some of the nicest on the "tour"!!

And the score sheets that I saw looked like they were all filled out by CPAs all the I's were dotted and T's crossed. Great Work Guys!!

I met Glockess at one of the stages.

And we saw the two D's, Dennis and Denice that we met last year, at Topton, I think.

Saturday night dinner was a small group but still lively.

we checked in to our motel ( in Parkersburg cause I still like the doughnuts there) and I smelled smoke in our non smoking room.

While walking up to the office to get a new room I saw a huge active
    fire about a block away. I told the desk clerk that I found where the smoke was coming from. He looked out and called the Fire Dept.

Now the trip home, a good breakfast at the Mountaineer restaurant.

Then a smooth road trip (using the brand new nice highway this time)

Five minutes after a rest stop at the first rest-stop on 68 in MD. the car sort of veered across the curve we were in and the air conditioner quit the heat gauge started to climb rapidly.

We got to the side of the road and looking under the hood, I noticed that our serpentine belt was wadded in a bunch.

This was caused by the tensioner pulley's bearing giving up the ghost.

OK try to find one of those out in nowhere.

My brother had been about 40 miles away the day before, (bad news)but had gone to visit his son in Pa.

(good news) was that a parts store there was open and had one. We got comfortable and waited.

Five people stopped including a couple we talked to at the rest stop.
    They helped find the problem and would have got the part for us. But the stores near us were either closed or did not have it.

One retired Trooper (now a Deputy stopped and helped with the local information)

A Trooper stopped and We told him the parts were on the way.

When my brother was about 25 miles away another Trooper stopped to tell us that a severe thunderstorm warning was just announced.

Anyhow, as we were cleaning our hands and the air conditioning was cooling the car the rain started not the bad storm though.

As I am typing this I see that the storm made the news on the Pa. side of the border.

The rest of the trip was pleasantly uneventful.

14. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

the light through the blinds gave the camera fits.

15. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

They are not in jail its the legs of a shelter

16. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

17. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

18. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

19. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

with a look at the way the range is laid out