Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rational
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This article is enormous, and cannot be cut and pasted here. So just go visit the link when you get a few minutes.

http://www.marieclaire.com/politics/a18016/women-and-guns/#

At first, it seems like all the usual Liberal tripe. But they've actually interviewed a few pro-gun women in this 10 chapter article.

I've scanned through it; haven't read the entire thing word for word. But I will say this: there is still a lot of work to be done to bring women into the shooting sports, and into legal self-defense with a firearm. To get them away from the Liberal Democrat-enabled mindset that they are always victims, and should act accordingly.

Discuss.

EDIT: Just wanted to add in the Editor-in-Chief's email address, if anyone here wants it: [email protected]

·
Banned
23,910 Posts
Unfortunately, the author misses the point that not all women are victims, nor do they act accordingly.

<checks CCW> Nope, some of us believe in defending ourselves and our families, with deadly force if necessary. I believe that women should step up and take responsibility for their personal safety insofar as much as they are permitted to prevent the cries of "Women are victims!" to be rallied.

I'm going to have to read the whole thing tonight, because even in just scanning it, my god, it's wordy. And that's saying quite a bit, coming from me.

Trigger warning: The link will take you to Chapter 2, Hillary Clinton. :rofl:

Reactions: plp

·
Rational
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, the author misses the point that not all women are victims, nor do they act accordingly.

<checks CCW> Nope, some of us believe in defending ourselves and our families, with deadly force if necessary. I believe that women should step up and take responsibility for their personal safety insofar as much as they are permitted to prevent the cries of "Women are victims!" to be rallied.

I'm going to have to read the whole thing tonight, because even in just scanning it, my god, it's wordy. And that's saying quite a bit, coming from me.

Trigger warning: The link will take you to Chapter 2, Hillary Clinton. :rofl:
Sorry about that; it's my fault. I've fixed the link, thank you for the heads up!

Yes, it is lengthy. 10 chapters in all, including NRA women and kids in shooting sports. Not all of it is Liberal nonsense.

·
Banned
23,910 Posts
I just went back and if you guys want to skip the usual rhetoric, the pro-gun laydees are under the tabs "The Lobby" and "The Sport"...

Sadly, it end with "Or it comes down to this. Despite the ways in which I am forced to think about safety, despite statistics, despite the gun owners I have known and respected, despite politicians' hypotheticals, I recognize that to own a gun, to keep a gun in my home, to carry a gun on my person means I am taking on the responsibility of using that gun. I am taking on the responsibility of being willing to take another human life. And over and over—even as I lock my doors, even as I look over my shoulder—that is not a responsibility I am willing to bear."

As long as she's willing to accept the responsibility that if she's in a situation where a firearm would have helped her or others and she intentionally chose to not have one, then she can knock herself out. Where I run into trouble is when people who have such incredibly developed consciences like her decide that not only should they not own a gun, but you know, honey, you shouldn't either...then we will butt heads with extreme force.

·
Rational
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just went back and if you guys want to skip the usual rhetoric, the pro-gun laydees are under the tabs "The Lobby" and "The Sport"...

Sadly, it end with "Or it comes down to this. Despite the ways in which I am forced to think about safety, despite statistics, despite the gun owners I have known and respected, despite politicians' hypotheticals, I recognize that to own a gun, to keep a gun in my home, to carry a gun on my person means I am taking on the responsibility of using that gun. I am taking on the responsibility of being willing to take another human life. And over and over—even as I lock my doors, even as I look over my shoulder—that is not a responsibility I am willing to bear."

As long as she's willing to accept the responsibility that if she's in a situation where a firearm would have helped her or others and she intentionally chose to not have one, then she can knock herself out. Where I run into trouble is when people who have such incredibly developed consciences like her decide that not only should they not own a gun, but you know, honey, you shouldn't either...then we will butt heads with extreme force.
I got the feeling overall like perhaps they could have done a better job at finding more pro-gun women to help write this article over. But of course, that likely wouldn't coincide with their Liberal base.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
I've taught a lot of women to shoot, mostly in the old days. Never took any money for teaching as I'm not licensed. Mostly all I taught was correct grip and correct trigger squeeze, also aiming. I also told them to talk to licensed instructors for liabilities of shooting for self defense. Really this is classified as helping, not teaching. ;) A lot has changed since the 70's and 80's. I think women need to carry a lot more today than they did 30 or 40 years ago.

·
Banned
19,326 Posts
I got the feeling overall like perhaps they could have done a better job at finding more pro-gun women to help write this article over. But of course, that likely wouldn't coincide with their Liberal base.
I'm a pro gun libertarian woman and I've converted many a liberal gun hating female. It's really not that hard. all you need to do is calmly, respectfully and rationally confront their views.

Reactions: Jade Falcon

·
I don't even know....what I'm doing here....
8,969 Posts
I sent an email to the provided link, giving credit for the objective and balanced article.

After reading GKL's post, I also suggested that the author has sadly chose to propagate the victim stereotype of women, even with the acknowledgment of facts provided and statical knowledge.

While I'm saddened whenever people, particularly women are harmed by bad people, sympathy is hard won if victimhood is an educated choice.

Sad.

·
Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner
14,544 Posts

The bad guy will have no problem in taking her life; so it is a self correcting issue.

·
Rational
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sent an email to the provided link, giving credit for the objective and balanced article.

After reading GKL's post, I also suggested that the author has sadly chose to propagate the victim stereotype of women, even with the acknowledgment of facts provided and statical knowledge.

While I'm saddened whenever people, particularly women are harmed by bad people, sympathy is hard won if victimhood is an educated choice.

Sad.
Please keep us informed if you receive a response.

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
17,422 Posts
I always thought it was hypocritical that feminists demand that women get treated equally. But when gun companies started designing guns to meet the needs of women, it was a "evil right wing gun cabal plot" to exploit women,. by greedy gun companies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts