Glock Talk banner

Many calibers from 1? Glock 29 turns into............

6274 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  happie2shoot
All;

I am looking for information on this video, where APPARENTLY this guy takes a Glock 29 10 mm and with new barrels and mags, it becomes a 45 acp, 45 super and 460 Rowland.

1) Is this really possible?
2) If possible, is it advisable?
3) If it is "OK" what else if anything would be needed?

Thanks,

Pat
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,756 Posts
It isn't possible to chamber any of the .45 calibers in a G29 upper, the breach face is too small. It's sized to fit the 10mm.

I didn't watch the video so I can't say if he did that or not, but you can't get a five pound chicken into a three pound jar.

Cat

· Registered
3,836 Posts
This is what he says in the comment section on Youtube, "**I do not recommend, and I warn against what I have done.** The individual must accept all responsibility for any modifications he or she performs on his or her weapon/s*** The Glock 30 barrel, that I have, is made by KKM Precision, and it is made specifically for the Glock 30. I modified the Glock 29 slide by removing metal from the breach face, to make the Glock 30 barrel fit the Glock 29 slide. Any barrel, made for the Glock 30, will fit my Glock 29 because of the modification."

· Transform & Win
3,351 Posts
That is a do-it-yourself project by Glock Talk member vaquero aleman.

Below is a link to the thread where he described the project including the filing necessary to machine the G29 breech in order to make the 45ACP barrel fit (or 460 Rowland barrel).

Glock 29, 45 Super.

· Registered
6,140 Posts
I have a Gen 4 Glock 29 that has a Lone Wolf .40 Caliber conversion barrel. I am to understand that there is a .357 Sig barrel available for it too.
The guy I got it from claimed over 400 rounds of flawless feeding of .40 Caliber through the Glock 29 magazines. I haven't had time to try it out, but I plan on burning some ammo through it this fall.
Elwood

· Registered
8,142 Posts
I have a Gen 4 Glock 29 that has a Lone Wolf .40 Caliber conversion barrel. I am to understand that there is a .357 Sig barrel available for it too.
The guy I got it from claimed over 400 rounds of flawless feeding of .40 Caliber through the Glock 29 magazines. I haven't had time to try it out, but I plan on burning some ammo through it this fall.
Elwood
When LW makes a long 357sig barrel I will get it too.
I wish they would make a 9mm barrel too like they do
for the g20.

LWD Barrel M/29 Conversion to 357 Sig Stock Length
Length 3.78 inch, 96 mm
https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1011&CAT=241

LWD Barrel M/29 10MM Extended Length
Extended length 4.60 inch, 117 mm
https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=272597&CAT=241

LWD Barrel M/29 10MM 6.02" Length
Extended length 6.02 inch, 153 mm
https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=918994&CAT=241

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.