Mandatory vasectomies in Alabama

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Trench Sweeper, Feb 16, 2020.

1. clancy

clancy

2. Dave Lively

Dave Lively

This is someone that did not like an anti-abortion bill and claimed they wanted to let men know how it felt to have the government dictate "reproductive freedom." She did it solely to get media attention and it worked.

One I think the best response to this would be a bill ending mandatory child support. Once again not a serious bill and no chance it would become law but would also generate some media attention for the other side. It also exposes how hollow some of the pro-choice arguments are.

If under current abortion laws a pregnancy becoming a child is 100% the choice of the mother with the father having no say why shouldn't the financial burden be 100% her responsibility?

If a man not looking for a relationship, let alone a child, has consensual sex with a woman that gets pregnant why shouldn't his responsibility end with offering to pay for half of an abortion? After all he merely created a fetus, not a person, right?

A man not supporting the children he fathers is immoral you say? How DARE you try to shove your morality down our throats! Best said with as much outrage as possible.

Children, particularly boys, being raised by single mothers isn't as good as two parent households? Wait a minute, I thought all single mothers are heroic figures who can do not wrong and just as good as married couples at raising kids.

Etc, etc.

While most pro-abortion people claim life does not begin at conception child support laws suggest otherwise. A bill like this would force them to confront how they really feel about this.

ETA: I saw this in the sidebar and responded before I noticed it was in the Okie corral, not the political forum it belongs in.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    mj9mm and 63Bravo like this.

3. BamaBud

BamaBud NRA Life Member

If they pass "red flag" laws, will they call these "blue balls" laws?

railfancwb likes this.
  4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Are you implying she's not a natural blonde? Now you've made me wonder about the black woman with the blond braids I saw in Walmart last week.

slamdunc likes this.
  5. slamdunc

slamdunc JAFO

I guess it’s possible lol.

6. railfancwb

railfancwb

If it is important to stop baby mommas from popping them out from presumably unknown sperm donors, limit the various related government child support payments to two children. Pay a woman to have babies, you get babies. Stop paying, you by and large stop getting babies.

7. IamtheNRA

IamtheNRA

Yup. Any time government incentivizes something, you are sure to get more of it.

Cubdriver likes this.
  8. pugman

pugman

9. LostinTexas

LostinTexas Exploring Alternate Routes

I'm sure the problem with popping out an exorbitant number of kids starts with 50 year old men.
    MmmmmK

mj9mm and Cubdriver like this.
  10. Critch

Critch

11. mj9mm

mj9mm

12. Maxx702

Maxx702 Rottweilers making America great again!

Left wing "men" are not generally inclined to reproduce. If you want to make really affect them, outlaw quiche or anal lubricant.

13. Gixxerjoe04

Gixxerjoe04

Yea we had our daughter in April last year, planned on getting it done soon after but kept putting it off due to it not sounding fun haha. Then had a “scare” haha, called the doctor and set up an appointment so we wouldn’t have to worry about a surprise.

I believe we all can get behind a law that makes it mandatory to castrate child sex offenders.