close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Man who found Boston Marathon bomb suspect in boat sets record straight

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TBO, Oct 17, 2013.

1. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    Man who found Boston Marathon bomb suspect in boat sets record straight about discovery

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/1...ets-records-straight-about/?intcmp=latestnews

----------------

Can you imagine the adrenalin surge? :wow:

2. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Shhhhh. You're just going to poke the conspiracists. I mean, after 6 months in some 3rd world hell-hole, he'll go on TV and say whatever the black ops people WANT him to say. :upeyes:

3. RichJ

RichJ

Had he just seen a teen in his boat he may have thought he was homeless or possibly up to mischief and hiding. It was the blood that sold it.

So he did see blood and then called the cops. With such a minor difference in the narrative, why is this even a story?

4. eb07

eb07 Sharkin'

He is lucky he didn't get shot. Seriously.

5. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

He should have asked the murderer to step out of his boat, and move to the neighbor's yard, so his boat wouldn't get perforated with 4,000 holes.

6. CAcop

CAcop

4,000 holes?

7. Ron36105

Ron36105

$1000 is all this poor guy got for his boat. That sucks!!!! I can understand not wanting any atention from this. I do feel bad for the guy for only getting $1000 for his boat. That is what the news article said his insurance company gave him. SUCKS.... Trust me if i was weatlthy and could afford to buy this old boy a new boat for him and his wife to enjoy their retirement on i gladly would. That just SUCKS

8. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    He could auction parts of it on eBay and buy a new boat from the profits.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 4

9. patriot550

patriot550

I thought I read the boat company gave him a new one, but I guess that might have been wrong. And, why in the hell didn't the police/agency(ies) who shot up the boat reimburse him? Don't they have insurance, or whatever, for situations like this? When that ex-cop Dorner was on the run in CA and the police shot up those two old ladies in their truck, they were fully reimbursed with a replacement, although I do think I remember it was like pulling teeth for them.

10. CAcop

CAcop

Interesting you should mention this. Three of our officers shot a suspect and a series of garages. Moving targets are hard to hit. We did not have a legal obligation to pay because we were not the responsible party. The dead dbag is. People just want money from the government because they have it and the dbags who cause the problems don't.

We ended up paying for it because the owners were being reasonable. Had they wanted way more than their damages we would have fought it and won. Probably without having to do much more than asking for a summary judgement.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  11. PBCounty

PBCounty

Well, with the truck incident it was a screw-up. The boat incident, not a screw-up. The guy was a victim of circumstance...just like I wouldn't expect the police to buy me a new lawn mower if mine got stolen out of my shed. They were doing their jobs, not making a mistake.

12. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

No......no he can't.

13. walt cowan

walt cowan

so all the the police and explosive dogs missed him and his brother at the finish line, then in a massive man hunt missed him again. not to mention all the nsa spy masters seem to not to care much about them even after the russians pointed them out. yeah, i feel safe:(

14. patriot550

patriot550

No, you damage my crap through no fault of my own and you're paying for it. No different than if someone defended their life with a firearm, even justified, and hit my car or something. I'm going after them.

15. patriot550

patriot550

Not according to a certain cop's so-called logic. He would say, in a "blame Bush" fashion, that the bad guy "made them do it", which is why they shot up the truck. I guess, with that so-called logic, in hot pursuit they can shoot up the streets, too, and not have to own up to it. :upeyes:

That comparison holds absolutely no water. The police shot the boat up. THEY damaged it. In your example, they didn't steal your lawn mower and had absolutely nothing to do with it.

16. PBCounty

PBCounty

What would be your take on a scenario where a burglar was arrested in your home and during the struggle some drywall got damaged and a coffee table broken?

17. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Very true.

But really, that sounds like pretty good shooting to me, depending on how fast the garages were moving and how many garages your guys missed...

Randy

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

18. patriot550

patriot550

If the cost was great enough that I wasn't willing to cover it out of my pocket, then yup. Doesn't matter if I'd "win" or not, I'd still pursue it before making a homeowner's insurance claim.

19. eb07

eb07 Sharkin'

Incorrect, as numerous court cases have proven, your insurance or the perp's estate is liable. The Police are only liable if your property is damaged by their own negligence, not while they are in the act of doing their job to stop a threat. You can file a claim and hope they will give some compensation, but they are not civilly liable if it is not done out of negligence.

20. patriot550

patriot550

When is EXACTLY what happened when they shot up the two old ladies in their truck.