close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

man, this season will be hot for deer

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by noway, May 14, 2006.

1. noway

noway

I whent out to my nearest hunting grounds to check out a few things and possible game cams positions. I saw about 30 or so deer , 6 hogs, 1 coyote and 1 fox during the 3 hours of my bike and hike ordeal. Most where fawns and they looked to be in good & strong shape.

I'm getting my broadheads out and the files and stone and starting early in getting these things ready to go for this upcoming archey season which is only 122 days away if I read my calender right ;)

2. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Things are up on "high sizzle," here in Tx. as well. Even when it's winter here, it ain't much of a winter. At least you got your deer hunting dates down to a fine science! ;)

CanyonMan

3. noway

noway

Will I might have my hope up to high. Talkin to a local that's been a native floridian all of his life. He betting the reason for so many animals seen in such a short time might be because we are in a drought right now ( very low rain counts ) so the animals might be foraging more and going more distance for food. If we get any rains of any BIG amounts the enviroment might change and the deer might be somewhere else come start of the aug/sept season.

4. GeorgiaGlockMan

GeorgiaGlockMan Aggie in Exile.

That does seem like a good day of wildlife viewing.

I haven't been home in a couple of weeks and can't wait to get back this week to go by and check my cameras.

I've put in several supplemental feeders and mineral licks to keep the deer on my place.

The last time I checked the deer were hitting the feeders and rooting the minerals pretty hard. I plan on keeping the feeders turned up pretty good until the food plots start to take off.

There are several bucks from last year still hanging around that show really good potential for this year.

Have seen several does that looked like they were about to pop they were so pregnant. Hopefully, the new cam pics will show a good crop and they manage to avoid the coyotes and bobcats.

116 days for Georgia bow season. Come on 9/9.

5. BlackBelt

BlackBelt

Yeah, well here in TN, you see millions of deer during turkey season, and no turkeys. Then when deer season gets here, millions of turkey are seen, but no deer. LIFE'S NOT FAIR!!!! AAaaarrghhh!!!!:supergrin:

6. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Well, this certainly does make good sense. If the drought there is extremely excessive, and the forage or browse is gone, they will certainly wander from their 'home range,' to get the food, and moisture they need. Man I'd keep going back on occasion, and see what their doing, 'especially after' y'all get some rains. They may just be 'permanent residents' there in that spot after all. ;)

Good Scouting!

CanyonMan