close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Man shoots womans boyfriend

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by SPDMTL, Mar 22, 2010.

1. SPDMTL

SPDMTL

Ybor City, Tampa

Saw this on the news yesterday. A man apparently shot and killed a
    womans boyfriend during an argument. I guess he had been verbally and physically abusing this woman in public and people were taking notice. Then the guy made a move (according to the shooter) like he was going to draw a weapon from his waistband and that's when he was shot and killed. The news report also said the shooter had a concealed weapons permit and they didn't think he would be facing any charges. Haven't heard anything else as of yet. Hopefully the dead mans' girlfriend doesn't file a civil suit against the shooter. Not sure if I would have got involved
    in this if i'd been there. What say you?

2. hill billy

hill billy Head Case

Can't say I would have involved myself but hey, guys who beat women occasionally get their just desserts. :supergrin:

3. SinCityGlocker

SinCityGlocker

In the marvelous town on Lost Wages I see couples fighting on an almost daily basis. If I acted like this guy, I would have killed 100 boyfriends by now. Boyfriend/girlfriend fights get the "none of my business" response from me. However, " when I see a naked man with a h*** on and a knife chasing a woman down a dark alley I don't assume he's out collecting for the red cross" (may have botched the quote)

4. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

if it is verbal and causing a disturbance call the cops and let them sort it out.

Intervening between a boyfriend and GF having a verbal argument is bad juju.

5. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

A few years ago where I live a guy jumped over the meat counter at a Wal-mart, grabbed a knife and started stabbing his girlfriend repeatedly. A customer carrying a concealed j frame .45 shot him 3 times killing him.

6. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    The guy had a permit, we don't need to know anything else.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  7. SinCityGlocker

SinCityGlocker

In this situation, I wholeheartedly agree with jumping into a bf/gf fight. Ideally, first shot is fired before first stab wound.