Man interupts burglury - now in critical condition

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by RetailNinjitsu, Feb 20, 2010.

1. RetailNinjitsu

RetailNinjitsu

Hi all! I usually do not post news articles, but this caught my attention because it happened in my backyard. I constantly hear "Do you really have to carry that gun EVERY time you leave the house? Nothing EVER happens here..."

http://www.lohud.com/article/20100220/NEWS04/2200322/1023/NEWS07/Condition-improves-for-beating-victim-who-interrupted-burglars

A hospitalized 50-year-old Kent man who was brutally beaten this week when he interrupted a burglary at his home is getting better, police said Friday.

"The victim's condition has improved and, hopefully, we'll be able to re-interview him sometime in the near future," police Lt. Alex DiVernieri said.

The man, whose name has not been released, is at Saint Francis Hospital in Poughkeepsie, where he was flown Wednesday after he was found beaten inside his home on Continental Road.

The victim had gone home from his job at the Putnam County Office for the Aging for lunch. When he didn't return and couldn't be reached by co-workers, a supervisor went to his home off Farmers Mill Road and called police after seeing a broken window.

Officers arrived around 3 p.m. to find the victim semiconscious. Police determined that he interrupted a burglary by two people. One suspect beat him on the head with an object officers recovered but would not identify. The second suspect was believed to have jumped out a second-floor window.

Last I heard he was still listed in critical condition. "Welcome home!" :wow:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  2. PA86

PA86

****'s real.

A guy I work with got into a shootout with home invaders this morning!

3. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

Coming home to an empty house tingles my senses as much as any daily activity.

Other than kids in the home, it is the #1 reason to keep firearms secured IME.