Man Gets his Temperature Checked

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by txleapd, Mar 11, 2010.

1. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

Moviegoer Tells Woman to Stop Talking On Cell Phone, Gets Stabbed in the Neck

The stabbing occurred last Saturday at the Cinemark 22

By SCOTT WEBER
    Updated 4:11 PM PST, Wed, Mar 10, 2010

A woman talking on a cell phone during a movie didn't take kindly to being "shushed" by another moviegoer. Or at least her boyfriend didn't.

In a drama that turned more lively than the one on screen -- "Shutter Island" -- the boyfriend allegedly attacked and stabbed the "shusher" in the neck with a meat thermometer. Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said the stabbing occured Saturday during a screening of the Martin Scorsese film.

According to KTLA:

Deputies say that while the movie was playing, a woman was talking on her phone and the victim asked her to turn it off.

The victim was attacked by the woman's boyfriend and another man. Deputies say he was stabbed in the neck with a meat thermometer.

The stabbing victim is expected to survive and is recovering at a hospital. Two others who tried to help the victim also were injured, according to Whitmore.

According to sheriff's officials, the suspects were described as black males. One man was wearing an orange hat with an orange jersey and the other man was dressed in a black hooded sweatshirt.

There was no word on why the man had a meat thermometer in a movie theater.

Moviegoer Tells Woman to Stop Talking On Cell Phone, Gets Stabbed in the Neck

That was the first question that I had too..... Then the answer was pretty obvious. The suspect is most likely a convicted felon, and this way he could carry a "weapon" without having to worry about any charges (if he hadn't done anything with it that is).

This kind of crap is why I carry EVERYWHERE I go.... I might catch a thermometer, but the other dude is going to likely catch a serious case of lead poisoning.

2. hagar

hagar Millennium Member

I stopped going to movie theaters because of the rude and boorish manners of a lot of people going there. Pepper sprayed one obnoxious, drunk and loudmouth punk that called my (ex) wife a beech, and we made a hasty getaway. Also had a guy threaten me with a knife, I left because I did not want to be involved in a gunfight in a crowded public place, if he followed me outside he would have found out not to come to a gunfight with a knife.

Last time we went, had a bunch of loudmouth teenage wanna-be gangbangers in the theater, me and my wife walked out and demanded our money back because they could not maintain order in the theater. After a long argument, and me promising going up the chain of command as far as I could, plus staying there as long as it took until I got it refunded, they complied. I swore I would never ever go back to a movie theater.

3. 6F0 Nick

6F0 Nick Just Wanna Fly

I rarely go anymore for the same reasons. If there is someone being loud, I will just let the usher know, let them deal with it. If they don't deal with it quickly, I get my money back. I do like to see some movies on the big screen, and think the money can be worth it, but people still think it is ok to go and have tickle fights, and talk on thier phones on speaker, etc. Blows my mind. Tuesday nights is a good time to go to avoid the crowds.

4. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

The wife and I try to go during the day time when most of the idiots are supposed to be in school or at work. Hardly a crowd and the movie is better that way.

5. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

My wife and I go to Alamo Drafthouse. We can get dinner and a movie at the same time, and the clientele are a much better class. Unfortunately, the movies kids want to see are rarely shown there. That means I usually have to take them to the local Tinseltown. If we can catch a show before 6:00 we don't have a problem. After that it fills up with thugs, and stupid chicks, who don't know how to STFU during a movie.

6. nursetim

nursetim

My step father used to say they do not make movies worth the price of admission any more. When he was younger the price was 5 cents or so. I think he stopped going when it hit a dollar.

I stopped going on a regular basis about a decade ago. THe last movie I saw was "I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry" Saw it with my wife and my sister from Tx. Left to my own devices, I wouldn't go. $10 is just too steep for me. Add to that the morons that insist on talking on the cell phones, makes for not worth it equation for me.

7. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

If you're going to shush someone in a theatre, don't do it to someone sitting behind you....
    Even if you get an usher to do it if they know its you.

Just sayin... Youre a sitting duck. If youre lucky they'll just kick the back of your seat throughout the show. If not lucky, they'll stick a meat thermometer in your neck or worse and you'll never see it coming.

Randy

8. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142 Glock talker

I was watching a movie in Dubai, and I've never been as close to chucking a glass bottle at someone in my life. The average inconsiderate behavior you encounter stateside pales in comparison with the displays of ignorance you find in several other places; the ME & China being two...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  9. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142 Glock talker

Two girls of exactly that kind were sitting next to my wife & I during a movie here in FL. A sweet elderly woman sat behind them at one point & asked them to be quiet; she was promptly ignored. After about another 30 seconds, I looked at them both & said, loud enough so as to be heard clearly, "If you were wondering when it was that you should be shutting TFU, it's NOW." My wife was pissed... but then, she hadn't heard the old lady...

10. Hollywood D

Hollywood D

I only go to movies during the week. During the weekend theres too many thuglets running around

11. actionshooter10

actionshooter10 CLM

I work nights and catch the before noon shows. It's only 5 bucks and theres nobody there.

12. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

IF I got to movie I like to go to local theater. A good decade plus(ago) I walked out into a fight. I was by myself and have to admit I was STILL thinking of movie not what I was doing/what was going on/etc.
    I grab the one who is vocal and put him against the wall and warn off other. (to be fair vocal guy put his hands on me first so even with him being under 20 for sure I was not worried) The rest followed my suggestion to leave and I kept vocal guy for a little while (vocally).
    The theater manager came over and thanked me. To this day he welcomes me like he knows me/how am I doing/etc. IF there is anything going on I use MY cell and call the private line to office. "Hi this is Larry in #3 watching Harry Potter, a guy 4th row North side is smoking" That person is soon gone. (and when leaving he thanks me again)
    Now down in Texas I went to a buck movie place that I wish I could have carried in. (Ann Richards time)

13. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

I don't like going anymore either. Between messes on the floor from people who are too darn piggish to be human to loud nonsense that doesn't go with the movie at all, it's nothing but a hassle. I don't pay for a hassle.

14. ElectricZombie

ElectricZombie

Out of the last 10 movies that I have seen, I've walked out and demanded my money back 5 times due to the inconsiderate morons and thugs who are allowed into the theater. I'm pretty much convienced that the theater and Walmart are the two most dangerous places I go.

15. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

+1

I only go to Matinees when the place is empty, prices are cheaper (only by $2), and the thugs are still sleeping.

Last regular night show I went to was maybe in 2002-03? Forgot. Didn't care. Parking is horrible. People break into cars, scratch yours up, drive like asses in the lot, and then the behavior inside is worse.

If I wanted to deal with that kind of stuff, why would I pay for it? I'll just go to work and go to the regional jail intake and hang out. At least I get paid for the time.