close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Maligayang Pasko!!

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by CarlosDJackal, Dec 30, 2004.

1. CarlosDJackal

CarlosDJackal

Can one of you BOGers use up a pack of "Watusis" for me. I used to love playing with those things during Christmas holidays and leading up to New Year's Eve.

Sige na lamang manga kababayan. Ipagdadasal ko kayo at ang manga pamilya ninyo. :)

2. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

I think it's MANIGONG BAGONG TAON :) Have a safe New Year everyone!

3. New_comer

New_comer

Unfortunately, watuzis are illegal, due to its highly poisonous ingredient, potassium, iirc. It is the culprit of several child deaths a year who accidentally swallowed the red bead. And with the introduction of exotic fireworks/pyrotechniques from Taiwan (butterfly, pap-pap), it had erased any remaining interest in that old crackling delight.

Manigong Bagong Taon sa inyong lahat! :cool:

4. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

BIN LADEN ISSUES NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS

Promises 'Not to Be So Bossy' in 2005

In a tape broadcast on New Year's Eve by the Arabic-language al Jazeera network, international terror mastermind Osama bin Laden issued a detailed list of his New Year's resolutions, with "Try not to be so bossy" topping the list.

"Try to go at least one month without ordering a jihad," Mr. bin Laden was seen saying on the tape. "You're getting to sound like a broken record with this 'jihad, jihad, jihad' business."

The Saudi madman also indicated that a high-priority resolution for 2005 would be to "stop calling everybody an infidel."

"If all you have to say about somebody is that he's an infidel, it's better not to say anything at all," Mr. bin Laden added.

The al-Qaeda terror chief then showed that he was wearing a rubber band around his right wrist, telling his worldwide audience that he was prepared to snap the rubber band every time he said "jihad" or "infidel" in 2005.

"Quitting smoking was a cinch compared to this," he ruefully predicted.

At the Central Intelligence Agency, analyst Steven Brookby said that while the conciliatory tone of Mr. bin Laden's latest tape was welcome, the world's most wanted man had a questionable record of keeping his New Year's resolutions in the past.

"Let's not forget, this is the same man who, last year at this time, said he would do a better job of trimming his beard," he said.

Elsewhere, Ukrainian Prime Minister Viktor Yanukovich congratulated his rival Viktor Yushchenko on winning the nation's second presidential election but challenged him to two out of three.

5. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Have a safe new year's eve celebration, guys, and confine the firing of your pistols to the firing range. Yes, I know that the BoGs are a safe and responsible lot --I just issued the reminder for any lurkers who might be hanging around :)

6. CarlosDJackal

CarlosDJackal

See what happens when you start a thread while half-asleep!! I actually did mean MANIGONG BAGONG TAON!! Or in my childhood neighborhood's version: "MALIBOG NA BAGONG TAON!!" ;f

It's a shame about watusis. I used to wrap them up in a piece of aluminum foil and place it on a candle right next to the lit wick. After a few seconds those suckers used to give off on huge explosion, mushroom cloud and all.

Anyway, someone light something for me on New Year's. ^c