Malfunctions with light mounted on Glock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 32Special, Apr 12, 2007.

1. 32Special

32Special

I recently got a Streamlight weapons light (no laser). Someone said that Glocks had a tendancy to malfunction when fired with a light mounted. Experience or info appreciated.

ALSO, now I would like to get an IWB holster to carry my G23 with the light mounted. Bladetech makes such a holster, but only for the surefire light. Anyone know of a source for an IWB holster for use with a Streamlight TLR-1?

Thanks.

2. ishido

ishido Guest

I've had problems with the TLR-1. A temporary fix was going with the stiffer 11 coil springs in my Glock 23. I went to the range last week and started experiencing Fail-to-Feeds periodically. I was also shooting CCI Lawmen, as well as Winchester. It occurred more frequently with the Lawmen ammo. I put my M3 light on and had no problems.

I did notice right off the bat that the casings were dented unusually on the side. At its worst, the casings were dented in 2 places, whether the round fed or not. Once I switched back to the M3, the casings appeared normal. Perhaps the indention is indicative of impending problems. :1

3. 32Special

32Special

I have put about 500 rounds through my G22 with the TLR-1 since I posted this question. No malfunctions of any kind. I deliberately used the older magazines which all had older follower designs (My newest ones are marked "8"), but still didn't have any problems. I had heard the issue was related to as certain generation follower, and that Glock had fixed it with a new design. This was hearsay, but I got it from a local guy who is definitely the Glock guru in the region.

I was ordering some stuff from TopGlock, and asked them about it. The guy said he had never heard such a thing, but I ordered some replacement followers just to be safe.

4. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto Guest

I'm told That The TLR-1 (Which I just happened to get one Thursday.) Will fit in all standard Light holsters. That's what I was told anyway. YOu may want to call Bladetech and ask them to be sure, or maybe call Sidearmor and ask if they could make you one that will fit. I'm currently looking around for one for my G30/TLR-1 myself. I picked up a cheap Nylon Holster that holds it really well at the gun show today, but it's too thick to use IWB.

:freak:

:reindeer: :50cal:

5. 4glocksguy

4glocksguy Guest

I have a Surefire P111D Nitrolon Military weaponlight with the grip activated "squeeze pad" for my G22. The kind that bolts on to the front of the trigger guard with allen heads. I experience FTF's as often as every other round. I was at an FBI range at the time, and the instructors there told me that Quantico had advised them to use the heavier magazine springs when using a weapon mounted light. So, I changed all my mags out with 11 coil springs and #6 followers. I still had just as many FTF's. It's an awesome light, and I've also invested in a Safariland Tactical holster to go with it. I hate to have to ditch it, but if I can't depend on it....Does anyone have any experience/knowledge on how to resolve this issue??

6. KERK

KERK

Our local police were issued Surefire X200 Weaponlights for their new Glock .40's. (They switched from Sig 220 .45's about a year ago or so.) They noticed feeding problems pretty quickly, I think. Their solution was to retain the lights but only to be carried on the belt and used in the hand. They no longer mount them on the weapons. Haven't heard of any other problems with the Glocks since that procedural change.:wavey:

7. RayB

RayB Retired Member

We've tested our X200's A&B on G19, G21 & G17. No problems, thus far. :thumbsup:

Notice none are .40 S&W, though... :headscratch:

--Ray