close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Malfuctioning Glock 26 with pictures...[moved]

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by modelflyer2003, Apr 6, 2010.

1. modelflyer2003

modelflyer2003

I got a squib round that jammed in the barrel. I saw it when the rounds wouldn’t feed and I took it apart. I then was unable to remove the slide. I searched the Glock forum and found that I could remove the bullet from the chamber with a wooden dowel and a hammer. I was finally able to get the slide off and got the bullet out without too much problem. When I put it back together, the function check is fine, but the slide doesn’t come off easy at all. I pull the trigger (in a safe direction) pull back on the slide and pull down on the takedowns on both sides. When I put the slide forward it gets hung up after about 1 cm. I have to fight with it to get it forward. It’s getting hung up somewhere, and before it worked just fine. I have to pull the trigger again to get the slide to go any far forward, which I never had to do before. I didn’t see any loose plastic pieces floating around. Here are some pictures. Please compare them to your Glock to see if you see anything that catches your eyes. Thanks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Boost_Junkie

Boost_Junkie Mike November

Sometimes field stripping I let one side of the take down lever go to early and the slide gets hung up just like you are describing. I then have to pull the trigger and the slide comes off as it should. Just make sure you hold down both sides firmly.

Manny

3. modelflyer2003

modelflyer2003

Does anyone have the Glock address for repair. I am afraid to get it from a Google search in case some Bozo has a fake address to amass weapons from some unsuspecting sap.

4. W4CNG

W4CNG

Here's the real Glock info for Smyrna Ga. I know because I live just a few miles away and have graced their front door.

6000 Highlands Parkway Southeast
    Smyrna, GA 30082-7204
    (770) 432-1202

5. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Did you figure out the problem? What led you to believe it needs to go back to Glock? It would be best to call them first, rather than just mailing your gun.. so fake addresses really shouldn't be ashamed...

Like I said in the other thread... that connector doesn't look right...

Try sending a PM w/ your pics to DannyR.. I forgot he really doesn't visit General Glocking to much anymore, but I'm sure if he knows whats wrong, or has a suggestion, he'll help you.

6. modelflyer2003

modelflyer2003

7. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Nevermind... I was wrong.

IGF

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  8. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

That is the ejector and it is fine. This is a model 26, 9mm. The ejector is supposed to be bent inward.

9. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Nevermind... I was wrong... I just got my 17, it's bent like that, I just never noticed it.

IGF

10. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Hmm, i'll have to check my 26.... I never recall it being bent like that

IGF

11. das9mm26

das9mm26

NOTE OF CAUTION!!!

DO NOT USE "GLOCK" ON THE ADDRESS LABEL!!!
    "TECHNICAL SERVICES" should do OK.....
    That way, there's less chance that someone will be tipped off it's a firearm....

12. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

A. Your ejector is fine.

B. A squib is not a malfunction of the gun, since the gun has nothing to do with it.

C. Unless you fired another round with a squib in the barrel, (which you apparently didn't since they wouldn't chamber) the squib won't hurt your gun - it has too little pressure, not too much.

Disassemble your Glock and then reassemble it again. There is probably nothing wrong with the gun (assuming you didn't beat on it with a hammer and dowel while assembled) but you may have put something together wrong - maybe you aren't seating the recoil rod properly for reassembly.

It is very unlikely there is anything wrong that Glock can heklp with, unless you have done something to the gun you didn't mention.

D. You seem a little paranoid (between the gun worry and the internet weapon interceptor worry) - do people say you worry too much?

13. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

If it's NOT bent like that, your ejector belongs in a .40 or .357 caliber gun.

14. MonsterB

MonsterB

:dunno:
    exactly, on the 9mm it is bent inward due to the narrower bullet casing...40's are straight, the guns use the same frame and well this is mostly common knowledge anyway....thats the problem with the net, you get alot of people who dont really know what they are talking about giving advice...not necessarily intentional but it definitely doesnt help.

15. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

make sure your guide rod/spring assy is in the proper notch against the barrel.

sometimes folks put it in the wrong recess and it gives them grief getting it back together...

16. modelflyer2003

modelflyer2003

I woke this morning and have had no problem disassembling it. I don't know if I was paranoid about it, or what. Thanks for all of your help. You guys Rock! My wife told me to buy a Wolf barrel. She also said if something IS wrong with it, I should go buy another Glock. What a woman! I am going to shoot some rounds through it tomorrow and if it works fine, I will buy a replacement barrel to shoot the roloads through. Probably a squib round. Thank God another round couldn't chamber, because it could have really got ugly with the next round.

17. fra3

fra3

Is it possible you are cocking the gun again when pulling it back to take it down? This may be the result, not sure but worth mentioning. f3

18. pangloss9

pangloss9

Have you told your wife that the guy is completely operational yet? I think you may have spoken too soon. Surely you had at least some slight difficulty in disassembling the gun this morning. You better get another Glock just a precaution. :supergrin:

19. modelflyer2003

modelflyer2003

I think you are probably right.