Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to improve my Glock 22 if that is even necessary. I just recieved a storm lake barrel and have ordered a set of new and improved sure sights. Also a procyon light. I want it as accurate and scary as possible mainly for home defense. I do have a mossberg 500 that is my first choice if my wife or I ever need to use lethal force. We do target shoot at the range when we can. I know that practice makes perfect but just wondering if I am heading in the right direction to make this pistol the best it can be.

Jeff

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think Glocks, as with most quality handguns, are more accurate than the shooter will ever be. I'd stop buying things for your glock and work on YOUR accuracy and trigger control. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Yep ^^^

Well put...

·
NRA Member
136 Posts
I would agree, practice makes perfect. Most Glocks out of the box are dead on, it is the shooter that makes it off any. I installed a Crimson Trace laser on my Glock just for quick target acquisition, but when I go to the range I take it off so I don't depend on it.

·
20,407 Posts
1,000 rounds of practice ammo would make a good start. All Glocks are capable of sub four-inch groups at 25 yards. That translates to sub two-inch groups at 10 yards or less.

·
Dirtbag Airman
5,229 Posts
Id say best way to improve accuracy from your glock, is get some good ammo it likes. Seriously, I've seen different ammo be the differences of several inches in accuracy. Give that a shot, and tell us what you think. BTW, I have no problem (used loosely) shooting soup cans on a board at 100 yds with mine, thats more accurate that I'll ever need to be.

--Chuck

·
Armed Citizen
769 Posts
that glock is as accurate as it needs to be. IMO a more accurate gun is not what you need, if you do, you'd want a longer sight radius. I mean really, you might shoot 25 yards with a hand gun, and if you need to shoot something further than that with greater accuracy than that, get a dang rifle.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Stock Glock is as accurate as it need to be. Only help I can offer is maybe the $0.25 trigger job which also can be done by breaking in your glock. The smoother the trigger on your glock the easier for you to aim and shoot.

·
pho_kit_all
895 Posts
I think Glocks, as with most quality handguns, are more accurate than the shooter will ever be. I'd stop buying things for your glock and work on YOUR accuracy and trigger control. Just my $0.02
+1

Criminals are not afraid of toys, only people who are good shots.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
ammo is the best opinion so far.
WWB vs GDJHP 124+p was night and day.The wwb did good but the gdjhp was very nice tight groups.The glock trigger I feel could use some work for better accuracy but it is fine stock.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
The only way your Glock will be accurate is if you become accurate yourself. Shooting ability is as perishable as meat. If you don't cook your rounds enough, then you might not feel good later in your ability to shoot straight and accurately.

·
9MM user
204 Posts
Be sure to give us a review on those sure sights. Getting better shooting the gun would be first and then ammo selection.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts