close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Making minor with a .40 (limited USPSA)

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by pwoens, Mar 10, 2017.

1. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Why would you want to shot minor in a game where major is scored and not increase in magazine capacity? If I were doing it I'd run a 180gr bullet and Titegroup or WST. If you're set on running minor load ten rounds and shoot Production.

2. A6Gator

A6Gator

Absolutely true. He shoots with us occasionally in Memphis. Really helped me out at the way I looked at major single-stack stages. His customer service is simply that he wants his customers to be happy. In the competitive shooting business, bad news travels pretty fast and tends to stick, even after the problem is gone. Haven't had ANY problems with BBI.

3. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

There is no major power factor in USPSA Production, even if your load makes it. Therefore, it's best to shoot at minor power factor. Similarly, ANY division in IDPA that allows you to shoot a .40, only minor power factor is required.

Taterhead and fredj338 like this.
  4. DiverSpear

DiverSpear

I agree with you but the OP stated he is shooting Limited. I shoot Limited minor but with a 9mm (G34) since he has a G35 I would load to major with 180gr bullet and it would still be a relatively soft shooter, if the RSA is tuned to the gun.

If he shoots minor he better get nothing but Alphas and Bravos (when presented) because C&Ds will kill you.

WeeWilly likes this.
  5. sciolist

sciolist

B's are 3 points for minor. And Deltas are basically NPM's.

6. Greg Snyder

Greg Snyder

Funny noboby mentioned 40 cal 135 gr Rainer bullets. Shooting starting loads here is like shooting a 9mm!