Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have u ever gotten a gun that turned out to be a POS?! U tweaked it or sent it back and you've trusted your life to it?! Have u ever gotten a particular model or brand that u hated the 1st time around, but went back for an EXCELLENT ownership experience the 2nd time around? Have any of u been snake bitten twice on a gun u gave a 2nd chance to? Just wanna hear from u guys!:wavey:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Buy once, cry once. I save (and put some on my c.c.) so that I can have good quality guns. I can't remember any guns that have had relibility problems that wasn't the magazines or the ammo I've shot.

·
woo woo
31,027 Posts
I have a Star BM sitting as a pile of parts right now, but it was pretty cheap.
Once I get the right firing pin and a refinish (gunkote,etc) it will be fun.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I've fluffed and buffed a Hi-point until it runs really well. I just can't stand things that don't work.

Although I never shoot it or rely on it, and it's not worth the bother of re-selling. I guess you could call it a safe queen :rofl:.

·
Premium Member
8,319 Posts
I have a Star BM sitting as a pile of parts right now, but it was pretty cheap.
Once I get the right firing pin and a refinish (gunkote,etc) it will be fun.

:supergrin:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Bought a WASR, unseen. I actually hoped it had some iisues, and I wasn't disapointed. Front sight, gas block, rear sight base were all off center. The front sight had to be pushed all the way to the ears to get it centered.

So, I pushed out all the pins, straightened the sights and block. I then redrilled for mounting, repinned the pieces. Then blasted the whole gun down to bare metal, had it parkerized.

Shoots straight, never has had a problem. I made it better and learned more about it.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Bought a Colt Trooper sight unseen to help a guy out. He told me it needed work, and sold it cheaply. Had never been cleaned and looked like it had no rifling left. I cleaned it and de-leaded it, and that's all it needed! Outside wasn't really pretty, but it is very accurate with an excellent trigger!

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Picked up a LNIB 3rd gen G21,
owner said it would constantly jam.
turn out it had a after market recoil reducing guide rod installed.
A simple swap out , and the g21 is running perfect, even with a can on it!

·
1,260 Posts
I bought a used Springfield 1911. Unfortunately it would jam on FMJ. So I sent it off to my gunsmith and he got it running. Now it is reliable and very accurate.

RD

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
17,529 Posts
Used Rossi .357 carbine.

It would not chamber ANY rounds. Not HP not ball.

I suspect the previous owner decided to "tune" it and didn't have a clue as to what he was doing. I dumped it for a Marlin 1894CS.

It's my understanding that Rossi carbines are typically very reliable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts