Glock Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· "Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd pass this along even though many may already know about it. I have a Blade-Tech Phantom holster that I picked up for my Glock G17 and I really love it. Unfortunately there's nothing similar for the G37 and it was a bit tight in the G17 holster. Then I remembered an article I read in a gun magazine about making your own kydex holsters and how you heat up the kydex to form it to the gun. A little light went off in my head and heated up the oven to 300*F and put the bare holster into it to heat up for a few minutes. Once it was heated up I put the gun into the holster and tightened down the retention screws and wiggled the gun around a bit to get the kydex stretched out and BINGO, fits like a glove now. Of course I'll have to order another Phantom for the G17 but there only $25.50 on the Midway USA site so that's not a huge amount of case for a quality holster. Anyway, just wanted to pass this along to anyone looking for a kydex holster for their 45 GAP but not having any luck. You can stretch out a G17/22 holster to fit.

· Combat Diver
3,770 Posts
Frank,

I am glad to see your excitement over the GAP.

I have found that my G 20 and G 21 holsters fit and vice verse.

If you go to 2aholster.com, he will make a holster for your G 37. He just made one for me, I am anxiously awaiting. Tom has great service, craftsmanship and a superior product.

· "Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried a few different $25-$30 Galco,Bianchi,Blade-Tech holsters and finally said heck with it, I'm going to order a couple GOOD holsters, spend the money and be done with it.
I have a Galco Summer Comfort coming for the G37(also fits a G20/21) and one for the G39 that is made for the G26 but being it's leather it should stretch in well and fit nicely after I ware it for a while.
I should have just spend the Big Bucks from the get go and got good holsters instead of wasting money trying to find something cheap that'd work.
You know what they say, Buy Once, Cry Once, LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.