Making a good gun better

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Vito, Jan 18, 2020.

1. AJShooter9

AJShooter9

I use the 15 rounds w/xgrip & 12 rounders too. I like them but actually prefer the stock 10 rounders. Usually it's either the 10 or 12 rounders depending on the dress attire. 90% of the time though it's the plain ol 10 rounder

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk

Teecher45 likes this.
  2. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

I was agreeing with Bren that the pinky can make you pull shots (" un "). I added that this occurs when you don't train, much. I'm not saying someone will shoot better with two finger grip. I'm just agreeing that some can shoot, better, with two fingers verses having a third finger that helps 'milk' the grip. When I shoot a full size grip, I stuff my weak hand pinky under my strong hand pinky...the strong hand pinky has no bearing on my grip. The weak hand pinky, however, has a lot to do with it as it's part of the anchor for controlling recoil. Getting the weak hand pinky under the strong hand also negates milking the grip as I don't pull the trigger with my weak hand. ;)

Teecher45 likes this.

3. jmontgomery

jmontgomery

I carry my G26 with a Pearce +2. I shoot it a little bit better than the flush but the greatest advantage is a much more secure draw stroke. A couple of extra rounds is also nice and it conceals about the same as a 10 rounder and much better than a G19 AIWB. YMMV.

Teecher45 likes this.
  4. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

Im in the camp that disagrees with you and Bren.

5. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

26 is too short to be comfy for me... but a 19 works fine... shoot what you shoot well with..

G19 fan likes this.
  6. bac1023

bac1023

Very cool

The standard G26 never fit my hands well, so I’d probably do better with that also.

7. bac1023

bac1023

Very true

I’ve always much preferred the G19.

8. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

Don't under estimate the benefit for some of getting that pinky beneath the bottom of the stock mag. Provides some addtl stability and upward pressure for more accurate rapids

2740dmx likes this.
  9. Vito

Vito

I have yet to find out if using the 12 round mag makes my mediocre marksmanship better or worse than firing the 26 with the stock magazine, but I know already that it just feels more comfortable. While accuracy is certainly better than inaccuracy, realistically I think that if I need to use my gun to defend myself, it likely will be at very, very close distance, like under 10 feet. At that range I feel pretty confident with any of my guns and if the gun is comfortable to hold, I likely will do better rather than worse.

Quade, G19 fan and 219Dave like this.
  10. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

11. 2740dmx

2740dmx

I love the G26 for it's ease of concealment with the stock 10 round mag. Totally disappears under even a simple tee shirt. Luckily for me, I also shoot very well with my pinkie tucked under the grip. Carry a G19 mag for reload/mag change, and I'm happy.

PattonWasRight and G19 fan like this.
  12. tommyhof

tommyhof

I used the gap floor plates on mine when I carried it, but just never took to it, I've been mostly carrying my 19 since it's winter, but will carry in summeri if I have proper attire, otherwise shield 9mm. The 19 just stays better then the 26, I think the longer frame helps. I lost 20+ pounds and now have no gut, when I did the 26 always seemed to want to pop out, I sold it otherwise I probably would try again as I still have a bunch of mags.

PattonWasRight likes this.