Glock Talk banner

Makarov Pic Thread!

12263 38
Hey all, I think it would be cool to see pics of everyone's different maks and possibly what holsters you carry them in.

I'll start, here is my new Bulgy:

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Texan
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Even though the gun was covered in mud it could still be identified as a Makarov because when I picked it up and started pulling the trigger the gun kept firing until the magazine was empty.:)
That's awesome, sort of a Mak torture test.

· Registered
30,515 Posts
That's awesome, sort of a Mak torture test.
Yeah.
One day I got the idea to see if I could get the Mak to malfunction.
I set aside 500 JHP and 500 FMJ.
Then I did every non destructive "every day" problem I could think of, but carried to extremes. The gun had to fire the round in the chamber and the whole magazine mmediately.

For instance, you pull your Mak and drop it in the mud. You only have time to shake the gun once, then pull the trigger.
This was the only time the gun did not fire on the first trigger pull. The hammer was cocked while in the mud. The mud blocked the hammer from hitting the firing pin but did fire on the next double action trigger pull and shot the magazine dry.

I filled the Mak full of "pocket lint".

Froze it.

Limp wristed it and did other stuff but couldn't get thegun to malfunction.

Then I finished with a accuracy test to see if the mistreatment had bothered the gun.

· Descent Terminated
34,057 Posts
'Plastic Mac'

Mac's Finishes [email protected]
(Was kinda beat from holster wear... So I had it plasticized to resist carry in sweaty Texas summers ... :supergrin:

· Descent Terminated
34,057 Posts
But Diamondback can't get a new design .380 to work .....:shocked:

· Registered
398 Posts
Bulgarian...
Back when they were only 100.00 & change.
CM
:horse:

View attachment 775220
I got mine around that time too, for a reasonable price. Got some Pearce grips for it and some extra parts just in case, when Makarov.com was still selling them. This one was made in 1985.
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft

· In The Saddle
11,521 Posts
I got mine around that time too, for a reasonable price. Got some Pierce grips for it and some extra parts just in case, when Makarov.com was still selling them. This one was made in 1985.
View attachment 783410

Nice!

Yeah, the days of 100.00 maks, and $50-80.00 SKS's are all gone amigo!
I need to find some grips like you got there and pull the red ones off. Looks good. Hard Cast flat nose bullets through these will do it! ;)

Stay Safe

***** Edit note/PS.. I don't see the "lanyard loop" on yours!??

CanyonMan

· Registered
398 Posts
***** Edit note/PS.. I don't see the "lanyard loop" on yours!??

CanyonMan
I got those Pearce grips so soon after I got the gun that now I can't remember if it had a lanyard hole in it. But there was no lanyard loop. Given the one-screw assembly for the grips, I try to avoid taking them out unless necessary. The lanyard loop was perhaps a casualty, courtesy of the previous owner. Or maybe I've simply forgotten that I took it out, as I hate lanyards. A guy can snatch the gun, pull wide the tether cord and still shoot me. Better to rely on the holstering retention feature.

· In The Saddle
11,521 Posts
I got those Pearce grips so soon after I got the gun that now I can't remember if it had a lanyard hole in it. But there was no lanyard loop. Given the one-screw assembly for the grips, I try to avoid taking them out unless necessary. The lanyard loop was perhaps a casualty, courtesy of the previous owner. Or maybe I've simply forgotten that I took it out, as I hate lanyards. A guy can snatch the gun, pull wide the tether cord and still shoot me. Better to rely on the holstering retention feature.

Understood.. I don't like the lanyard loop at all either, just wondered how I ended up with one on the Bulgarian, and you did not... Thanks. ;)

I'll check into some different grips one of these days. Got enough goin on at present.

Stay Safe!

CM

· Registered
398 Posts
Understood.. I don't like the lanyard loop at all either, just wondered how I ended up with one on the Bulgarian, and you did not... Thanks. ;)

I'll check into some different grips one of these days. Got enough goin on at present.

Stay Safe!
CM
Thank you Canyon Man and good health and happiness attend your fortunes too. Honestly, I just can't remember. I'm sure that it came w/o a lanyard ring but the hook/loop embedded in the grip was probably just covered up by the Pearce wraparound.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.