Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Texan
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I think it would be cool to see pics of everyone's different maks and possibly what holsters you carry them in.

I'll start, here is my new Bulgy:

· Texan
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice looking gun Berto, love the grips. I've got a set of Pierce grips coming in the mail for mine.

· Registered
1,065 Posts
We'll play. Here is a photo of our Ruskie High Capacity in .380. It is a fun little gun that has been 100% reliable. Paid $180 for it when the high caps first hit our shores. Bet it would fetch more than that now. Stocks came from makarov.com and we did the refinish.

Also had an 8 round Ruskie that we (foolishly) sold. Wish we had it back.

We trudge on.

· Registered
30,515 Posts
This is so cool. Where did you have it done?
At a DFW gun show in June 06 I bought the gun from a dealer from the Texarkana area.
He said he had the gun done for his private gun (I don't know by who). It turned out so well that he never shot it.
I paid $340. That was high for a Makarov at the time, but I had to have it, even though I figured I'd never shoot it either.

· Registered
30,515 Posts
Forgive me, M2 Carbine, for being presumptuous about what you do with your Mak. But it is so beautiful that, were it mine, I would shoot it all the time.....
I am not a fan of Safe Queens but in this case I have a bunch of other Makarovs to shoot so I just keep the pretty ones for show. I also have a few other new Maks that I haven't shot but I wouldn't hesitate to shoot them if I needed to.

· Texan
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So far mine has been great to shoot, definitely smoother with the new wolff spring. Where do you guys get your ammo? Online?

· I miss ya Murph
1,740 Posts
Russian bulgarian and e german beater

norinco type 59

got it in the box about 3 yrs back for $175. When the guy said the price I almost broke my wrist getting my wallet out.

Chinese and russian counter parts
top row, chinese type 59 and chinese type 54 (non commercial 762x25)
bottom row, russian PM (oopsie version that came in marked bulgarian) and russian TT33 (with no safety added)

· Texan
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^Nice looking Maks, and the other pistols are cool too. Here's a pic I snapped tonight for fun:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.