1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
USAF Veteran
273 Posts
That will likely garner an additional 4 customers a month. (Just tongue in cheek. Everyone relax!!)

·
Registered
17,468 Posts
Why the heck does a furnature store need armed guards?

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Why the heck does a furnature store need armed guards?

To stop a work place violence incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
318 Posts
Bager54, I happen to 7 miles east of Nebraska Furniture Mart and I have been CCWing in that store since I got my ccw. You don't know Omaha like I and others who live in Omaha. We have gang problems,armed shoplifters these days and,the police have their hands still tied up in red tape. I have worked plain clothes security alot of times armed in Omaha's rough places. That is why we have also told NFM take the signs down and arm the guards. Few peoples complained and said that they wouldn't shop at NFM any more. But, There is alot of people that do and will at all their stores in the country. Mrs.B. who started Nebraska Furniture Mart,said tell the truth and sell cheap. She died at 104 years of age long time ago and she was Jewish and she thought her employees old school how to sell. If you get time,come to Omaha,Nebraska,see the main store on south 72nd Street and really look inside on how much space is there inside for everything they sell. You will be surprised at the prices that competiters can't match.

·
Registered
17,468 Posts
To stop a work place violence incident.

If you allow your employees to carry that should stop the workplace violence before the guards get there.

I guess the bigger question is why would you have unarmed security at a furniture store? Unarmed security is just a witness to the crime.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
If you allow your employees to carry that should stop the workplace violence before the guards get there.

I guess the bigger question is why would you have unarmed security at a furniture store? Unarmed security is just a witness to the crime.

IMO opinion unarmed security is a feel good measure plus a lot of places get a reduction on there insurance if they can say they have security even if its there to just make people "feel" safe.

·
You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,966 Posts
"Put all the recliners in a sack and nobody gets hurt." I have a gub (misspelling intentional. See Woody Allens "Take the Money and Run).

·
Registered
981 Posts
This is a bit of a surprise. I avoid the place when I go to Kansas City because it is a well known "victim zone" like the movie theaters. I expect they did some research on the subject. As others allow concealed carry, the threat moves to the soft targets. Nebraska Furniture is widely known in the area and they may start to get some additional business if this turns out to be true.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.