GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Build the Wall
10,205 Posts
Being born and raised in and still living in Fort Lauderdale this is my everyday carry... year round!

I have Glock 19, Glock 42, Shield 9, Shield 45, CZ 82, Russian Makarov, FEG pa-63, Ruger lc9s and many others available for CCW but I will take my PT709 any day of the week over all the others! :)

S&W

Reactions: starfish86

·
Registered
10,604 Posts
G29 normal CCW, all weather, all clothes.

Around farm, there's a Ruger BlackHawk 4 5/8" in a custom fabricated scabbard that lives on the tractor. .45 LC with 2 snake loads & 4 250 gr hardcast . The Ruger is as much of a tool as a chainsaw or a shovel & as reliable. We have venomous snakes & coyotes, so it's easier than a carbine, and I practice 50-75 yd. shots with it. If a 'yote is more than 75 yds. away he's safe, he's away from the sheep barn. Under 75, he's toast ! (last year, albert 3, coyotes 0)
Even then, the G29 is always on my belt.
edit to add, when I leave the house, there's a 15 rd G20 magazine in a pocket someplace ;)
uncle albert

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
G23 75%
G19, G26 or G43 the remainder. And those usually when I've practiced/shot a match
with 23, and have not cleaned it yet. Whatever I carry, it's clean as possible. On the
chance I need to prove I did NOT shoot. You never know/my OCD-ness probly.

·
NRA Patron Member, Blue Knights Member
670 Posts
Glock 31 75%
Ruger LCR 25%

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
20180225_183646.jpg

Top: P7M8, maybe 1% of the time, but still my favorite gun overall.
Middle: Canik TP9-SFx, maybe 10% of the time, still breaking in the holster and the gun both. Using an 18 round mag for carry rather than the 20 rounders that came with it.
Bottom G20.4, gets carried about 90% of the time, holster is comfortable even for this much size/weight
The canik is about 1/2 inch longer than the G20, and ends up poking me in the side as I'm sitting down.

Reactions: Steel & Wood

·
Build the Wall
10,205 Posts
View attachment 390914
Top: P7M8, maybe 1% of the time, but still my favorite gun overall.
Middle: Canik TP9-SFx, maybe 10% of the time, still breaking in the holster and the gun both. Using an 18 round mag for carry rather than the 20 rounders that came with it.
Bottom G20.4, gets carried about 90% of the time, holster is comfortable even for this much size/weight
The canik is about 1/2 inch longer than the G20, and ends up poking me in the side as I'm sitting down.
Man, I wouldn't carry that P7M8 at all. Way too nice of a gun to risk losing to a police chief that doesn't have one in his safe! :)

Oh wait, am I implying that cops steal your guns? You're darn right I am!

S&W

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Man, I wouldn't carry that P7M8 at all. Way too nice of a gun to risk losing to a police chief that doesn't have one in his safe! :)

Oh wait, am I implying that cops steal your guns? You're darn right I am!

S&W
Yeah, that's actually the reason I bought a glock in the first place. That P7M8 was the first gun I ever purchased, I've had it for about 15 years now. Previous owner had it for 10, had bought it new then never took it out of the box because it was too pretty. Fortunately for me he needed traveling money so I got a decent deal on it. There is no way I could ever replace it with one in like condition with my present finances.

·
Registered
48 Posts
G21 99.5%
G17 .5%.

·
Previously Will Beararms
6,661 Posts
A pistol is meant to be COMFORTING; not comfortable.

Reactions: Lawdog3
81 - 100 of 117 Posts