Mail order ammo

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by [email protected], Feb 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Robert@btr

[email protected]

I have gotten a number of sale announcements from places like Sgammo.com and freedommunitions.com on what seem like good prices on 9 mm ammo. American steel is another I'm curious about. My concern is the quality especially when listed as special purchases and reloads. Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

sgammo.com and freedommuntions.com is a excellent place's to buy quality ammo online.

:thumbsup:

Lt. Donn, Valmet, TX OMFS and 5 others like this.

3. ranger1968

ranger1968

Wayyyyyy down South, shootin' stuff and Jeeping!
    What he said; I buy almost exclusively online, and in multi-thousand round quantities every time (I operate a shooting school) ; buying online is the most cost effective way to buy ammo in quantity, and both of the vendors mentioned are very good.

4. hannstv

hannstv

I buy almost all of my ammo for SG ammo and have been happy with the service and product.

5. r shackleford

r shackleford

ive purchased 1000s of rounds for practice from laxammo without a single failure

6. MAG40 Student

MAG40 Student Silver Member

7. retrieverman

retrieverman Registered User

I buy SEVERAL thousand rounds a year mainly from SGammo, but I have taken advantage of special deals from Freedomuntions and LAXammo. Freedom has a retail outlet in TX, so I have to pay sales tax and probably won't order from them again unless it's just a smoking deal.

I've also encountered some extremely slow shipping with Freedom, but LAX and SG have had really prompt shipping.

8. Bill Keith

Bill Keith

I've had good luck buying ammo for delivery. I like ammoman.com and have also bought ammo from Midway and Natchez Shooters supply, Years ago I even bought reloads form an outfit based out of Cleveland that went out of business. If the OP is really leery about the whole process, start out with a smaller order of 500-1000 rounds and see how it suits you.
    I am still amused by my experience buying reloads from the outfit that went out of business. I had the ammo delivered to one of the Mental Health clinics I managed. It was convenient for me and there was always one of my secretaries available to sign for the stuff. The UPS driver always got a hoot out of it, and he and I struck up a friendship and became shooting buddies.:cat:

MNBud, janice6 and Glockdude1 like this.
  9. CBennett

CBennett

If im buying "bulk" purchases(over 500 rounds) I almost always use the internet..ive used them and several others all good to go so far. SG Ammo, LAX,J&G,CDNN,Freedom,Widners,Natchezs all good so far.

10. YakSpitRamp

YakSpitRamp

Target sports.com, good prices and free shipping on bulk

Bensabs and TX OMFS like this.
  11. JohnnyE

JohnnyE

All of the above are good, but for those who shoot full auto, the guys at Uzi Talk report that Freedom Munitions head stamped 9mm brass has a "shelf" inside the brass that may serve as a parting line and induce separation. A couple of them reported experiences when the rear half of the case extracted, but the front half was left behind, and their open bolt guns fired out of battery. They provided pictures, and that made me leery of using it in my MAC.

Bill Keith likes this.
  12. Gun Shark

Gun Shark

Been using Georgia Arms for years.

Bill Keith likes this.
  13. rock_castle

rock_castle Right is right and Left is wrong.

I mostly use sgammo. Always been satisfied.

14. wolf19r

wolf19r Problem Solved!

I use both. Freedom American steel is good for practice. But the powder they use is like watching fireworks come out of your barrel. Out of 1k American steel I had 2 rounds hiccup while running suppressors on a vp9.

15. Emmett4glock

Emmett4glock

I agree with Glockdude1. I just had a very good experience with http://www.bonefroggunclub.com/collections/ammunition although they only sell new product. Here's a little background:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  16. TScottW99

TScottW99 Bird Catcher

17. Larry T

Larry T

Why lock in with any single supplier? Use www.ammoseek.com to search for what you're looking for. I've had good service and prices from Outdoor Limited, South Georgia Outdoors, Gunbuyer.com, and Ammunition Depot.

Before you buy, check their reviews on their Facebook pages and see if they have a BBB profile.

18. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

I've been using AmmoMan.com for many many years. Free shipping on most bulk orders, and you get points you can use on future orders.

The UPS man gets testy at times... but HEY, he's getting paid to deliver... Beats the heck out of picking up reloads at the Gun Shows! :)

19. BlueBacker

BlueBacker

I've used SG, LAX and Freedom a lot, among others. Can't remember the last time I bought from a brick and mortar.

20. Terlingueno

Terlingueno

SG Ammo is good to go, the other one, not so much