Mail-In Ballots...In Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by BigBluefish, Jun 4, 2020.

1. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

2. Deanster

Deanster Cheese? CLM Millennium Member

In Washington State, we've been voting by mail for years. It's been fantastic - I'd never want to go back.

If voting by mail has been good enough for our servicemembers for decades, I see no reason it's not good enough for general use.

hooligan74 likes this.

3. SWFlGuy

SWFlGuy Lifetime NRA member

I’ve voted the last 3 elections by mail. It works for me.

hooligan74 likes this.
  4. B C

B C

Hopefully, it gets overturned. There is a reason Dems want this so bad.

5. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

I don't think washington state is a very good example. lib overload

G17Jake likes this.
  6. hooligan74

hooligan74

How about Utah?

7. thewitt

thewitt

So I guess you are not paying attention.

These "vote by mail" programs are not absentee ballots. They are sending out unsolicited ballots to every registered voter in the state.

In NC alone, that's over 1 MILLION ballots that are not going to people who are NO LONGER living at their old addresses or are DEAD.

These ballots will certainly be sent it and counted and of course this is the opportunity that the left wants to steal the election for President as well as the Red State Senate seats.

Flags, porschedog, B C and 2 others like this.
  8. thewitt

thewitt

If the state has cleaned up its voter roles, this can work. For states with millions of "dirty" registrations, it's rife for corruption.

Does it actually work in Washington or is every election result a fraud? How would you know?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  9. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

This is the end of voting in secret.
    The winner's party will sift thru all the SIGNED ballots and use it for an enemies list.

10. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

How many votes did you get? There was ONE address that received 83 ballots. Yeah, that's OK.

Maxx702, mike from st pe and SWFlGuy like this.
  11. thewitt

thewitt

12. Deanster

you know that most of the state is red, outside the highly urbanized Seattle/Tacoma/Everett/Bellevue core?

Vote by mail is a huge help to traditional red voters, who often face longer drives to polling places, and are on average older.

hooligan74 likes this.
  13. Deanster

14. Taz

Taz

If most of the state is RED then how come the state is dominated by Blue policies? Or are we talking of a different Washington... Doesn't make any sense.

Mail out ballots based on voter registrations that are not routinely maintained is ripe for fraud. The only way the registrars validate a ballot is by who is in their poorly maintained database. EVERY state does very little to maintain said database because they know it doesn't matter. Absentee ballots, at least here in TX, need to be requested, so they can cross check for name, address... before mailing it out. When they come in they are held in reserve (I could be wrong on this, however as policies across the nation may vary) and only counted if the contest is close enough for the number of absentee ballots to make a difference. People going to the poll simply have their ID swiped, or their name looked up in the district registry. Who cares if there are a trillion extra registered voters if you physically need to be there. The only way to cheat is by knowing the names on the register... There is ZERO incentive to waste resources on database maintenance. If you send out 5 ballots with different names and to one address case you haven't maintained your database in 50 years what is stopping individuals from simply returning those ballots. How is the registrar going to know that 1 person filled them out as all the names are valid voters???

If you want to do mail in balloting, then the voter rolls need to be purged and everyone needs to re-register routinely with their REAL ID compliant id's.. Oh wait thats bad..

Maybe the best way to do that would be to only mail out ballots to individuals that have filed their tax returns.. But that would be bad too, I'm sure.

15. Deanster

I think you're talking about a Washington State you don't know much about, amigo.

We don't have a state income tax, largely thanks to the strength of our conservative legislators.

The state legislature has been largely deadlocked for years between R's and D's, reflecting the voting balance in the state as a whole. The last several governors have been D's, which largely reflects the fundraising advantage that those coming up through the system in the Greater Seattle area have over the much more geographically dispersed and generally less-wealthy and less populated red parts of the state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_United_States_presidential_election_in_Washington_(state)

Here's the 2016 by-county map for Washington:

[​IMG]

No doubt the blue cities have real advantages in money, proximity, and population, but the state as a whole is only modestly blue. Trump and the Libertarian candidate got 43% in 2016, despite near-zero Trump campaigning here or any attempt on the part of the R's to get out the vote, while the D's went big on fundraising and turn-out-the-vote activities.

As for the potential problems of vote-by-mail, all I can say is that they haven't been evident here, the state Republican party hasn't lodged any complaints that I'm aware of, it's been a real win on both sides, as far as I can tell.

16. SWFlGuy

SWFlGuy Lifetime NRA member

13. But I voted them all republican.

robhic likes this.
  17. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

It is way too easy to vote in the U.S.A.

18. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Voted often!
    :)

19. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

You can go get and/or use an EBT card but getting a free picture ID to vote is way too difficult. Yeah, right. :steamed:

Maxx702 likes this.