Mail carrier delivered my slide to the wrong address help!!!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by plasticpistol, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plasticpistol

plasticpistol

For Latest UPDATE: screwed by seller and PO = see post #63

So bought a factory slide and barrel here on GT.

GT member shipped slide priority mail not insured on saturday 1st.

It didn't show up today so I asked for tracking # from him.

When I looked up tracking # it stated delivered on the 4th monday. It's wednesday. Rut Roh! Called Post master..she said she would talk to carrier in morning and call me back.

Did a a little thinking...I received another package I was waiting for on monday...large box. So I looked up the tracking # on that package since I still had the opened box. Says delivered 1:44pm. Sounds about right as I was home to receive it and the carrier whom I know very well handed it to me. THEN i looked up the (delivery confirmation)# of the slide package it shows delivered at 3:33pm. about 2hrs later!

So someone 2hrs later in the mail route has my slide and bbl!

I went up to the PO and gave this new found info to the post master. I then asked her if they can't find it what happens? She asked me if it was insured. I said no. She said your outta luck then. I just about lost it! The carrier delivered it to the wrong F'n address. Your mistake your responsability. I didn't get into it with her ...waiting on the outcome of her talking to the carrier.

So what do you guys think I should do if she calls me and says he doesn't remember where exactly he dropped it off. File police report? Go to her superior? ...no idea who that is. Sorry I just don't buy the whole it's not our problem even though we delivered it to the wrong place.

I double checked with the GT member and he did ship it to the right address.

slide package delivery confirmation # - 0310 2010 0000 1068 2260

other package I DID receive ...he handed this to me and the rest of my mail for the day. 4205 4028 9101 1480 0860 0221 9479 11

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  2. plasticpistol

plasticpistol

I mean hell isn't it a federal offense of some sort to open someone else's mail? Must be some sort of offense as well to keep it riight? So how in the hell can the post master (she's a big Bit ch) say hey sorry we delivered it to the wrong house but your SOL.

3. TACC GLOCK

TACC GLOCK SEMPER FIDELIS

Usually, even though they deliver it , it isn't to far off on the address.

With any kind of luck the carrier should be able to remember where he delivered it.

Keep us posted, becaase that is definitely a bummer.

4. frank_drebin

frank_drebin 1-man flash mob

If you didn't buy the insurance then the best you can do is talk to the carrier person and find out where she delivered it. Hopefully it isn't some scumbag. If I received someone else's stuff I would take it to them myself (and have a few times).

5. Woodsy

Woodsy

Hmm, definitely let us know how it turned out.

I've wondered more than once what would be the gameplan/outcome if something like this happened, especially if it was a piece of a firearm, or worse a complete one!

6. jp3975

jp3975

Insurance is cheap isnt it? This may be an expensive lesson for you. Hope you get it back.

7. Vigilant

Vigilant

I am so fed up with the mail service in my area, I have considered getting a few of our sick, lame and lazy limpdick politicians involved. I see this on a fairly regular basis. Maybe it's time for a mass effort to rock the USPS's world.

8. plasticpistol

plasticpistol

I insure most of the stuff I send. I had no control over how the GT member chose to ship.

what can the police do?

9. jp3975

jp3975

Next time I would ask them to insure. If the price is shipped add a few bucks. Its worth it.

10. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Hmmm... You never received it? Sounds like a shipper's issue to me.

To ship an item that is in excess of the 'default' shipping 'value' is ... irresponsible sales follow through if you ask me.

Like you directed the delivery guy to *fail* to deliver the package.

Like no one on this message board knows that shipments fail to be delivered correctly every day...

Irresponsible on the shippers part, a failure to 'follow through'.

Bet your Cash/Check/Postal Money Order/PayPal payment went through just fine...

Yah I would be pissed. It's on the shipper because it never showed, so they owe you your money back. IF they failed to insure it... I guess THEY Effed Up, Not Me! cause I didn't ship it, THEY did!

Did you agree in email/PersonalMessage/forum post/in writing that shipping uninsured for the full amount was 'okay' with you???

If you did NOT agree to 'ship it as cheap as it possible' then I *think* you are owed his product...

Matter of fact, just try and get a claim levied on that shipment... and ... Imagine This - YOU won't be able to make the claim cause.... and watch this carefully - YOU DIDN'T SHIP IT! So you have NO VALID CLAIM to the missing product. Only the SHIPPER DOES.

So, the other side of your transaction still owes you your product, RIGHT? I would start talking to them about how THEY need to find their shipment... Quickly would be *best*...

Now - I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn last night, and I am not a lawyer... so YMMV...

But I would start looking into the fraudulent cashing of your payment when no product has been delivered.

Good Luck with this!

11. bmylesk

bmylesk

And they wonder why they are going broke!!! What a bunch of lame asses. Hopefully they'll be out of a job here soon. And free market can take over. :cool:

12. AA#5

AA#5

I don't think insurance is the issue. Insurance should cover damage or loss. The tracking number is the most important - that's what finds a lost package. When UPS delivers something, the employee enters info in his portable computer - when delivered, who took it, left at door, etc. The PO is responsible for this one - that moron is just trying to blow you off. I'd talk to the postmaster general.

13. locosteelersfan

locosteelersfan

14. Jessek21

Jessek21

Same thing happened to me when I shipped out my laptop on Ebay. Item was delivered but the buyer "never received it." Ebay's position is the shipper is responsible until the buyer receives it.

Safe to say I will never ship anything without insurance now. But you could make the case that the shipper is responsible...

15. plasticpistol

plasticpistol

well it's not damaged and to me it's not really LOST it's delivered but to the wrong address. To me it's on the postal service. but I can for sure see the argument that it's on the shipper. Have to look at the usps insurance rules closely I guess and see what they define as lost to answer that question.

However I am going to puruse all avenues before I have to go back to the shipper.

16. plasticpistol

plasticpistol

my other problem is that some butthead 2hrs down the mail route somewhere has my stuff. That aint right !!!

17. Ragnar

Ragnar

Have you checked to see if someone else down the route has a similar name or lives on a street with a similar name?

I used to get mail mixed up fairly often with the lady two streets over. Both our last names start with W and my street is Wingfield and hers is Winthrop. We stopped getting mix ups about the 5th time I went to the post office and filled out the complaint form. New and different mailman apparently knows how to read.

18. 1811guy

1811guy Formerly1811guy2

This here. I wouldn't put it past the carrier stealing the package. He will have a fun time explaining how gun parts came up missing and he can't remember where he delivered them to.

19. plasticpistol

plasticpistol

any LEO's out there with an opinion ?

20. locosteelersfan

locosteelersfan

ask the guy in the above post. 1811 might add. I'm a specialized fed but my dad is retired uspis.

uspsoig is the LE agency of jurisdiction.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.