Home > Firearms Forums > Black Rifle Forum > Magpul The PMAG 30 AR 300 B GEN M3 Magazine

Magpul The PMAG 30 AR 300 B GEN M3 Magazine

1. The PMAG 30 AR 300 B GEN M3 is a purpose-designed magazine for rifles chambered in 300 Blackout. Since it’s inception, 300 Blackout shooters have had to use a magazine designed for another cartridge, limiting it’s performance and compatibility. One of the nice features of 300 Blackout is the compatibility with 5.56x45mm parts, but with the magazine it is a compromise to do so. Due to the wide variety of projectile weights and shapes potentially decreasing overall reliability, a dedicated 300 Blackout magazine was a logical step for the PMAG line.

https://www.magpul.com/products/pmag-30-ar-300-b-gen-m3-300-blk?utm_source=GL9

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/01/16/magpuls-new-pmag-30-ar-300-b-gen-m3-mags-300blk/

I'm going to have to try one when they become available,see if they perform as well as my go to magazines for 5.56,300 Blk. the Lancer. SJ 40

2. I like it! They'll get my money!

3. Curious as to what's different internally. Just the follower or what?

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

4. My best guess would be the forward ribs that tend to angle the 300 Blk rounds to the extreme right hand side depending on bullet weight and ojive profile.
    Gen II's are fairly good at feeding the Blk round but I had to file the forward ribs on my single example of the Gen 3 to feed properly. SJ 40

5. limiting it’s performance and compatibility

Huh? I thought 5.56 mags worked just fine with 300 BLK. I suppose there are goofy 300 BLK rounds out there that may have issues but frankly I've never seen anyone complain that their 5.56 Magpul mags are choking with 300 BLK.

6. Yeah that's what I thought,my Gen 2's were fine,bought a Gen 3 and the troubles began.
    Not so much with supersonics,when 148 gr./150 gr. supersonics are introduced the mild feed problems surfaced,subsonic's it became a jamomatic.
    By switching back to Gen 2's the rounds both super and subs feed perfectly.
    That was the last and only Gen 3 i've bought until I can get my hands on one of their new Gen 3 Blk magazines to prove out. SJ 40

7. I suspect these do feed 300BLK better, although I haven't heard of any problems with regular mags either. Even if they don't, I don't blame a company for seeing a market and tailoring a product to it. At a minimum they look different so it's harder to make a mistake. Personally, my 300BLK mags are FDE and I use those rubber identification bands. Every other mag is black.

8. Interesting, first I've heard of problems with Magpul and 300 BLK. I'm considering getting a 300 BLK upper and I have a boatload of Gen 3 mags but also a few Gen 2.

9. Drat! I'll have to have a few of those! I hope Magpul has 20rd mags too.

10. Just came across this. SJ 40

The PMAG 30 AR 300 B GEN M3 is a purpose-designed magazine for rifleschambered in 300 Blackout. Since its inception, 300 Blackout shooters have had to use a magazine designed for another cartridge, limiting its performance and compatibility. One of the nice features of 300Blackout is the compatibility with 5.56x45mmparts, but with the magazine it is a compromise to do so. Due to the wide variety of projectile weights and shapes potentially decreasing overall reliability, a dedicated 300 Blackout magazine was a logical step for the P mag line.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/01/foghorn/new-magpul-300-aac-blackout-pmags/

11. Solution in search of a problem.

All my 556 Pmags feed any 300BO even F/A. I mean really, 300O has been out for years now, even longer for its predecessor.