Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Infidel :)
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are yall's thoughts on the Magpul MOE vs the MOE SL Hand guard? Anyone try BOTH?
Plastic Musical instrument Rectangle Musical instrument accessory Font
Rectangle Font Auto part Parallel Electric blue
Cylinder Gas Gun accessory Auto part Machine
Cylinder Trigger Rectangle Auto part Gun barrel

Anyone ever moung a QD in a Magpul hand guard, NOT in and M-LOK slot, like just drilling one right in here? I would really rather run the regular non-"SL" style HG both looks and as it is supposedly "fatter" in the hand, and get a QD further back on the HG AWAY from the front of it?

Trigger Air gun Gas Cylinder Gun accessory

Thanks -

Eric

Registered
Either is fine, so whichever you prefer. I think the old MOE wasn't M-lok, so beware of that for both the handguard and attachments.

But the sling mounting so far to the rear... I've done once on a full rail and would not recommend. It allowed the sling to interfere with my magazine change.

Infidel :)
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But the sling mounting so far to the rear... I've done once on a full rail and would not recommend. It allowed the sling to interfere with my magazine change.
No, sorry, mounting on the other side - like this -

Trigger Air gun Cylinder Gas Gun accessory

Reactions: Patient Zero

Registered
Prefer the SL, but be warned they can be a little of a pain in the a$$ to mount onto the delta ring and that said it wouldn't stop me from using another if I wanted too.

I'd be more cynical, but my apathy prevents it.
I've used them both. The SL can be kind of a PITA to mount, but not too bad, and it certainly fit nice and tight. Of the two, I tend to use the MOE because I prefer to have a sling swivel. I've seen QD socket holes drilled into the side of MOE handguards, but I've never tried it myself. I would imagine it works OK - it's not like the MLOK slots are reinforced in any way. The MOE would probably give you a little more clearance between the QD stud and barrel.

Registered
Maybe psychosomatic but I think the sl felt better both are better than the kac ras if your not running lasers

Registered
The SL solves part of the problem with M4/carbine length builds. I like mine. Will see if I can grap a pic of the sling mount I have on mine.

Registered

So it looks like I used a MOE QD adapter (comes with cutter to widen the slot) and a QD paraclip adapter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts