Glock Talk banner

Magpul glock mags

2007 Views 41 Replies 31 Participants Last post by  [email protected]
I was hoping to get some feedback about these mags. Was considering getting some, as they tend to be fairly wallet friendly. Anyone had any luck with them? Are they range worthy? Cheap? Sufficient? Just ok? Much appreciated.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
1,336 Posts

· NRA Life Member
5,780 Posts
I've got a couple 21 rounders... Working good so far! Gonna use em in the MicroRoni in the spring Action Pistol matches.

Picked em up from Midway USA for a decent price.

· Registered
2,546 Posts
Since people are responding, let me say that I bought five or six Magpul magazines for range training. They cost two thirds of the price of a Glock magazine. I have yet to have one malfunction and since the range and training magazines they get dropped on the ground, they get kicked, they get stepped on and as I said I've yet to have one malfunction.

And if they do malfunction they're guaranteed

· Registered
7,850 Posts
Since people are responding, let me say that I bought five or six Magpul magazines for range training. They cost two thirds of the price of a Glock magazine. I have yet to have one malfunction and since the range and training magazines they get dropped on the ground, they get kicked, they get stepped on and as I said I've yet to have one malfunction.

And if they do malfunction they're guaranteed
We get a lot of dirt and rocks at our range (it’s the desert). My mags get crunchy and dry, and you can hear it and have to smack the mags sometimes to get the rounds to seat right because of the crud that gets in the mags. But they run and run (Magpul and factory). Same goes for the Magpul AR mags too.

And when it’s finally to the point where you HAVE to clean them, they’re easier to take apart to clean up

· Registered
2,727 Posts

· Venor ergo sum
"94% of mass shootings occur in gun free zones" CPRC
6,539 Posts
I too use them for practice sessions only. They work fine, but I carry and compete with OEM.

· Registered
5,707 Posts
Absolutely spanks on MagPuls.........
Those Extar mags are not only made of thin, flimsy polymer, they also come with an auto-disassembly feature.

Try slapping an empty mag home into the EP-9 on a closed bolt.

The mag will seat, the base plate will come off, and the spring will come out the bottom.

All 4 Extar mags I had a chance to try did this consistently. (Yes, a full mag inserted on an open bolt seemed to hold together and run ok, but those mags don't pass my trust test).

1 - 20 of 42 Posts