Magpul extended magazine for Glock 43?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Chuck Hustmyre, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Chuck Hustmyre

Chuck Hustmyre

Recently, I saw that Magpul is now offering a new 12-round magazine for the G26, which got me thinking that perhaps an extended magazine for the G43 was on the horizon, either a 7- or 8-rounder. So I wrote to Magpul and asked. Basically, what I got back was a "no comment," but the wording of it made me wonder if perhaps I was onto something. Here is the response from Magpul. You be the judge.

"We’re always looking for ways to improve upon existing products and explore the boundaries of new ideas, but are not releasing any information on projects that may or may not be in the works. Please keep an eye on our website for news and updates and sign up for our newsletter."
    Personally, I read this as close to confirmation that they are working on an extended magazine for the Glock 43, and if so, I for one will be quite happy.

rkh450 likes this.
  2. phred119

phred119

Interesting. I believe ETS had some G43 extended mags on display at SHOT as well.

rkh450 likes this.

3. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

Makes me want to buy a G43, get some 9 round mags, put a red dot on it and see if they would let me shoot it in Unlimited in GSSF. That would be a hoot.

4. Brent917

Brent917

ETS will have 6, 8, & 12 rounders out this month. Emailed them Thursday to confirm and they said do out 2nd to 3rd full week of this month.

I know that is not magpul, but at least it is an option. I for one can wait and will buy a few to test. If they work well I'll buy a few handfuls.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  5. fullmetal1911

fullmetal1911

I've used some of their 17, 22 and 31 round magazines in my double stack Glocks. Their stuff is good to go, and if I recall, unlike Magpul, they haven't had to recall any of their Glock magazines...just saying. I'm planning on picking up some of the 8 and 12 round mags they are coming out with for the 42 and 43.

Since I've started carrying the 43 I wouldn't mind keeping an 8 round reload on me and a 12 round mag or two in the glove box, supposing that they work as well as factory mags do. I've always been kind of iffy on aftermarket Glock magazines.

6. Brent917

Brent917

Yeah, I got a few ETS 9mm 22 & .40 19 round mags to try. Wanted to see what their quality was like. I have a few hundred rounds through them with not issues.

7. hogarth

hogarth

You are not quite correct about ETS.

Their 22 round 9mm mags had crap springs the first go round. Originally they said about 75 with bad springs accidentally shipped, but I've seen way more than 75 posts by people online claiming problems (I was one of them).

I'm content with mag extensions like the Pearce and Vickers until/if Magpul comes out with some for the 43.

Edit to add: to the credit of ETS, they did send out replacement springs for the 22 rounders for people who had issues, free of charge.

8. powernoodle

powernoodle

That sounds like a canned response they might send regarding any product inquiry. Missy in customer service would not come up with the phrase "and the explore the boundaries of new ideas. . . ."

michael_b likes this.
  9. alnicoG22

alnicoG22

I wanted a small gun. Now how can I make it bigger?
    Extended magazine! :supergrin:

Chowser, fnfalman and gt joe like this.
  10. tenntornado

tenntornado

Options are good.

alnicoG22 likes this.
  11. gt joe

gt joe "This... is my BOOMstick!"

I'd try a few Ets extended rounders for the 42.
    My +1 Pearce extensions are nice, but I like options, too.

12. Reswob

Reswob

I don't give a flying crap about aftermarket, how about when will GLOCK start making some 43 mag extensions??

dugansduece and Earl Smith like this.
  13. Brent917

Brent917

I doubt we will ever see them.

14. Reswob

Reswob

Oh, I'm sure they'll make them, I'm just guessing it will be several years late as usual.

15. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

I won't be happy until Magpul (or Glock) starts making a 100 percent reliable 18 round mag for the Glock 20.:cowboy:

16. michael_b

michael_b Elementary, my dear Watson.

Canned response. If there's a market for them and the others sell well, I'm sure Magpul will at least explore the idea.

Exactly.

17. jented

jented

18. jented

jented

Hi Chuck. I bought a 2 round metal extension for my glock 43 from The Glock Store in San Diego, Ca. Now I have room for my little finger and a better grip. I also installed a longer spring they sell. Now I have 8 rounds + 1 in the chamber. I feel alot more secure everyday that I carry knowing I have 9 shots with the G-43. Thanks, jented

19. Chuck Hustmyre

Chuck Hustmyre

Who makes those products?

20. jented

jented

The Glock Store in San Diego, Ca. Lenny Magull's owner. I bought 2 and installed them per their video. Works great. They have a web site and free catalog. They make alot of parts for all glocks to modify them. They are the largest distributor of Glocks in the U.S. I read. GlockStore.com 800-601-8273 G-42&G-43 +2 extensions 24.95 each I hope this helps. Thanks, jented