Magpul Enhanced MAGWELL... still problematic or revised?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by nighttrainNC, Oct 16, 2020.

1. nighttrainNC

nighttrainNC

So my buddy had one of these on a Gen 4 US made Glock and it felt nice, so I was about to 'press go' on ordering one for a 19.3 and then read about the
    "non locking mag" issue with 90% of OEM mags.

Many say the Gen 4 and 5 mags with the Ambi cuts work fine, but that Gen 3 doesn't (likely the baseplate having slightly different specs) and apparently seem to not clear the Magpul's Enhanced Magwell.

I know Magpul revised their problematic GL mags, did they revise this on the newer models? (Most complaint threads are 2018-ish).

If it IS STILL problematic, any links to a perfect quality version that is low profile like the Magpul one?

I like how subtle it looks when installed, opposed to other versions out there (Vickers, and a few others I've seen in quick research).

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  2. PM720

PM720

I have one on my EDC Gen4 G19 and have no issues with the Gen4 mags. My Gen3 G34 with a Carver aluminum would not lock Gen3 mags so there appears to be some slight differences. I upgraded to pretty much all Gen4 mags for all my Glocks so can't really test with the older mags.

3. nighttrainNC

nighttrainNC

The Gen 3s are mostly Austrian made and also have the cutout showing the steel.

My favs as they match my Gen, plus Austrian!

Those not working would make this a no go, as not trying to downgrade big time for a small upgrade. Ya kno

Open to suggestions of any other options that are low profile in look, like the Magpul version.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  4. nighttrainNC

nighttrainNC

Anyone know if Magpul fixed this issue?

I ask being their original GL mags had issues, and like everything, they revised them.

Wondering if this Magwell has been revised by Magpul to except ALL factory/OEM GL mags?

5. nighttrainNC

nighttrainNC

6. nighttrainNC

nighttrainNC

7. sasqwatch2

sasqwatch2

I have one on a Gen4 G22 and have had no troubles with it. Although the dozen or so mags I have for it are all Gen4 as well.

I like the agency magwell better, but the Magpul is certainly a lot cheaper.

8. nighttrainNC

nighttrainNC

Yea, I looked at Sales version, then realized it is 90 bucks!

I see why the Magpul version isn't perfect.

9. nighttrainNC

nighttrainNC

*SLR Version*.

NOT "Sales" version.

10. sasqwatch2

sasqwatch2

Yeah, the agency is 100 bucks and can be readily found on sale for 80, but that's still triple the price of the magpul.

11. March817

March817

The Magpul magwell is only $25 so just get one and try it out.

12. MCCM

MCCM

I have one on my G19.4 and have zero issues using both gen 4 & Magpul magazines. Finger grooves plus magwell really fits my hand nicely.

13. coyote 30

coyote 30 COYOTE HUNTER!!

I have one on a G19 gen 4 and a G17 gen 3. The magwell works on all my standard capacity factory Glock mags, magpul mags and ETS mags. The mags I have found that don’t work with the magpul magwell is the factory Glock 10 round mags and the Jagemann mags. These two mags don’t insert far enough with the magwell on to lock in due to the baseplate hitting the magwell.