magic formula for a bore cleaner

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by crazy_hans, Apr 30, 2007.

1. crazy_hans

crazy_hans

guys help naman with a good formula for a bore cleaner lahat yta ng brush nagamit ko na to clean my bore pero awa ni God all of the lead is still stuck there pero ang brush flat na.'im getting hopeless na talaga dito.thanks po

2. s0nny_g17

s0nny_g17

3. vega

vega

+1
    Pero ibabad mo overnight para mas effective.

Glock ba?

4. blueeagle

blueeagle Guest

magic gaas lang ang katapat n'yan, bro. for best results, soak the barrel for a couple of hours and use a nylon brush.;)

5. theTactician

theTactician

me, i only use the "break free" formula. it works pretty well.

6. crazy_hans

crazy_hans

thank you very much po sa mga inputs. i used to soak it din sa gaas (kerosine) but not that long kasi i tot its going to be the same anyway.i wanted to post sana how the brush looked like after i used it kaso bka pagtawanan ako ng sobra eh.hehehe thank you po ng marami guys

7. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

If your problem is lead deposits in your bore, its called leading. I have learned this trick from bullseye shooters who shoot lead semi-wadcutters:

Wrap a piece of copper mesh pot cleaner around a nylon brush and brush the barrel dry. The lead will come out in flakes. Then clean using your regular cleaner. I have used this with good success with both factory barrel and custom fitted ones. YMMV.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

8. HEAVY

HEAVY "Verify!"

i dont shoot lead anymore, but when ii used to, i would soak my barrel in gasoline, not kerosene. mga 2hrs or so. then i would run a copper brush through the barrel a few times. tanggal lahat ng leading.

then i would dry it and run a patch soaked in hoppes no.9. and then dry it and reassemble.

i also soaked my slide and frame once, natunaw ang fiber optic front sight. hehe.

9. isuzu

isuzu

Kerosene won't melt your fiberoptics, but gasoline will.:)

10. isuzu

isuzu

I used kerosene to soak the barrels and used a tornado brush to take out the leading. Later found out that stainless brushes are not good for the barrel.

What I did was get a piece from an old towel, cut them so that they would fit in the bore brush and "borrowed" my mother's silverware polish to clean the barrel. Also found out that Glo Metal Polish works also as well as the imported ones. I just run a patch saturated with Break Free to take the metal polish residue out.

For chromelined barrels, Break Free would do the job alone.

11. crazy_hans

crazy_hans

guys thank you ng marami ulit il try all your inputs one by one then i'll send the feed back after and maybe pictures as well hopefully i learn how to post a picture soon. thanks again

12. theTactician

theTactician

here's what you can do man so you can post a pic here. go to www.photobucket.com and sign up there. there, you can post some of your pics and then once you get back here at glocktalk and want to post your pics with a message, go back to photobucket, click your picture, go to properties and get the URL of that picture, copy that by pressing right click on your mouse pad and then go back to glock talk, press the IMG button, its gonna say there http:// right?, then go ahead and paste what you copied, again by clicking the right button of your mouse. then its done.:) i hope this helps

13. mikol

mikol Guest

try mo pvc solvent(any brand)sa barrel mo, tapus babad mo lang kahit isang oras.
    tapus kung meron ka mabili na fuser oil,(yung ginagamit sa copier machines) yun ang pangpunas mo sa lahat ng parts ng FA mo.
    then wipe it dry, lube it kung ano man gamit mo na lubricant before re-assembling your FA & that's it. :)

14. isuzu

isuzu

Maybe we should ask the Mods to include in the Stickys on how to post pictures at Glocktalk. I've seen in lots of threads people looking for instructions on how to post pics (me included).