Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy who just purchased a G19 through the GSSF program.

I know from experience that when you purchase a gun through this program, you get three magazines. Even here in the People's Republik of Kalifornia, I got three magazines. They were ten round versions, but there were three of them.

The shop he bought it from said that they only give two because they have to take them out of their stock when they replace the LEO mags the gun normally sells with. They said they can't sell the standard capacity magazines, so it's a loss for them. Sounds like a steaming pile to me, but what do I know, right?

Like I said, I bought a G17 a couple of years ago and it came with three magazines.

SO, my question is this; Do the new GSSF rules limit the gun to two magazines or is it still three?

Thanks for the info.

·
TEXAS COWBOY
722 Posts
If you go to the GSSF web site under the "gun purchase program" section, it tells you that all glocks except for sub-compacts, come with 3 magazines. The retailers "STEAL" your magazine and sell it for new to you are someone else. It seems that most/all retailers do this and most customers dont really know how they come. Be informed, it's powerful!!!!!

·
20,411 Posts
Under the new pistol purchase program started in 2010, full and compact sized pistols come with 3 magazines and subcompacts come with 2. Before that, where you needed a certificate under the old program, all GSSF pistols came with 2 magazines.

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
And after that in the Free State of Georgia USA I have purchased several more magazines all of which are Drop Free mags for all of my Glocks in the past several years since 1991. It is nice to live in a Free State that you can have ALL Fully Functional High Capacity Magazines for all of my Guns.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
When I bought my first two Glocks with the old GSSF certificate, I got them from OMB Guns and received 3 magazines with each. I haven't purchased a Glock under the new GSSF program so I don't know what the local GSSF-authorized shops are doing.

·
Crusty Member
10,818 Posts
That actually makes some sense...if they gave you a blue label gun, they did have to swap out the mags (full caps for 10 rounders). Don't blame the dealer. Blame the CA voters and your elected legislators.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That actually makes some sense...if they gave you a blue label gun, they did have to swap out the mags (full caps for 10 rounders). Don't blame the dealer. Blame the CA voters and your elected legislators.
Sorry, I blame the dealer. He chooses to opt into the program, he should be abiding by the rules.

It's a chickens&#t way to run a business.

And I know he can sell those mags online or to some cop, so he isn't taking a loss.

By the way, the dealer is Markley's in Castroville.

I wonder if GSSF has anything to say about this...

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'd call GSSF and see what they say. I'd think they'd be interested (but that's just my guess).

·
Registered
361 Posts
I know that I am currently having issues finding a dealer that will abide by the GSSF Purchase Program. I spoke to Megan (Over LE Sales) at Glock and she is going see if she can find someone that honors it. All numbers I have recieved in Indiana and called do not accept it at this time. Bummer and just waiting for an answer.

With the certificate I did not have an issue other than waiting forever for OMB to get in G35's that weren't OD. I opted for the G30SF instead and am very pleased with it. It also accepts my G21SF mags. Fun, fun, fun.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Sorry, I blame the dealer. He chooses to opt into the program, he should be abiding by the rules.

It's a chickens&#t way to run a business.

And I know he can sell those mags online or to some cop, so he isn't taking a loss.

By the way, the dealer is Markley's in Castroville.

I wonder if GSSF has anything to say about this...
If I am not mistaken, for a dealer to sell a full-cap mag to ANYONE in California, (1) The dealer must be licensed to deal in full-cap mags., AND (2) He can only sell to an LEO officer, AND (3) THE OFFICER HAS TO HAVE A LETTER FROM HIS DEPARTMENT SAYING HE IS BUYING THE MAGS FOR DUTY USE AND THAT HE DOES NOT BEAT HIS WIFE. (I am NOT kidding about the "wife beating" thing!)

So, I would not blame the dealer here. I would blame the chicken-guano State of Kalifornication and their chicken that guanos unnecessary paperwork all over creation.

As to the Dealer and the full-cap mags he is stuck with. I would gather them up and hit either a gun show over the line in Nevada, or one of the GSSF matches in Vegas or Reno and sell them there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts