Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the Glock 19 Gen 5 magazines work with the Gen 4 Glock 19?
Also is it possible to put a gen 5 barrel in a gen 4, assuming they are for the same firearm.

·
"Tactical Elf"
2,965 Posts
The magazines will work no problem, the only difference in them is the base plate, and the followers are orange.

The barrels are supposed to work, but Glock does not condone the use of 5th Gen barrels in 4th Gen guns.

TXPO

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The magazines will work no problem, the only difference in them is the base plate, and the followers are orange.

The barrels are supposed to work, but Glock does not condone the use of 5th Gen barrels in 4th Gen guns.

TXPO
Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for!

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
I understand the Gen 5 barrels now put an identifiable mark on the fired bullets to aid forensic investigators.

The Gen 4 and earlier barrels had no such marking capability, making the tie between bullet and specific barrel very difficult if not impossible.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
I understand the Gen 5 barrels now put an identifiable mark on the fired bullets to aid forensic investigators.

The Gen 4 and earlier barrels had no such marking capability, making the tie between bullet and specific barrel very difficult if not impossible.
Have not heard of this prior to your post. Could you please supply a source for the information?

And congrats on 4000 posts!

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
Also is it possible to put a gen 5 barrel in a gen 4, assuming they are for the same firearm.
The barrel of a Gen5 G17 or G34 will definitely NOT fit the pre-Gen5 version, nor of course the other way either. Glock changed the barrel lug and locking block arrangement of Gen5 G17 and larger pistols to be the same as that used by the G19. This also means that Gen5 G17 barrels will fit G19s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts