MagazineCatch/Release Oval Type: drop-In?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Dok, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Dok

Dok Rimfire Fan

Hello Everyone. Good Day. I got this item yesterday. It's an original GLOCK parts: "Magazine Catch Oval Type". (image below)

[​IMG]

I spent an hour tinkering and figuring on how to install it but i was not able to. I remembered that aro-tek used to have an extended magazine release they call "SURE TOUCH" extended magazine release. I compared the images and they looked exactly the same. (image below)

[​IMG]

The sure touch mag release, according to aro-tek, should be installed by them or by a qualified gunsmith. Does this mean i have to have my frame modified to install that glock part? Has anyone tried installing this kind of mag catch/release? is there a way of installing it without frame modification?

Sorry for the Blurry images.:) Thanks in Advance!;f:)

2. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

My Glock catalogue says that it requires frame modification to install that part.

Do keep in mind that you can't put plastic back on the gun should you decide to switch back to the stock part.

3. Dok

Dok Rimfire Fan

Thanks Alexii for the clarification. i was also thinking the same thing. i don't want my frame modified in any way. besides, my gun is new!:)

4. ilocano

ilocano Down Under.

It is definitely a drop-in part.