close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Magazine Question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by dorkweed, Feb 15, 2010.

1. dorkweed

dorkweed

?????

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  2. CitizenOfDreams

CitizenOfDreams

"Civilian" and "LEO" magazines should be identical length-wise.

Question is, is it legal for you to possess a 15-round magazine in the state of Illinois?

3. Dogguy

Dogguy

They are identical in length, different only in capacity.

And, yes, you should be sure you are not breaking any laws in your jurisdiction by possessing the higher capacity magazines. I have several 10-rounders for those rare occasions I venture into "forbidden territory".

4. hogarth

hogarth

Yes, they are the same length.

Again, check your local laws. Here in MD, you cannot buy, sell, or make magazines holding more than 20 rounds, but you can POSSESS them. In other words, I can drive to PA and buy 33 rd Glock mags or 30 rd Magpul mags for an AR and bring them back.

Check your laws in IL about whether or not POSSESSION of mags holding more than 10 is legal, or just purchase.

5. dorkweed

dorkweed

?????

6. JohnTz

JohnTz

I live in Illinois and high capacity mags are legal. Just bought three 17 round G17/G34 mags at Cabellas today no problems.

7. jglsprings

jglsprings

Shooting a wolf will buy you more trouble that any magazine infraction will....

8. dorkweed

dorkweed

?????

9. isp2605

isp2605

IL has no restrictions on the size of mags. You can buy, possess, own any size you want by state law.
    You don't say where you live so you may be in a municipality that has mag size restrictions but that is not state law.

10. 125K9

125K9

If you're legally hunting and a wolf tries to attack your dog/you then you can do whatever necessary to protect yourselves. That's highly unlikely though as you'd probably never come across a wolf in the wild. Although they are predators they're really timid when it comes to humans. We're starting to get them here in east Texas, and I grew up with them in the Appalachians, and a wolf attack on a human in the wild has never been documented. Wolf/dog crosses, now that's a different story! Then they can become dangerous.

11. jglsprings

jglsprings

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  12. Markasaurus

Markasaurus

Call the forest ranger and take pictures of the dead critter for evidence while you wait for them to come and arrest you? No - i guess not - i'm sure you'd carry a folding shovel along with the magazines lol.

13. redmanlives

redmanlives

P S You can get more Glock HI-Cap mags on the internet , theres a place that will sent them to you as rebuild kits , to any State

14. AustinTx

AustinTx

I have been wondering if that wouldn't be legal, repair parts for magazines.

15. jack76590

jack76590

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  16. Asmodeus6

Asmodeus6

What is actually the limiting factor in the magazine for the ban states that only allow 10?

The follower? The body? I've never had the un-privilege of looking at one living in a place that doesn't have that kind of stupidity...

Wondering if the "rebuild" kit would allow you to put more than 10 rounds in a 10 round magazine so it still looked like a "10rd" magazine. Might be beneficial for people living in those kinds of places to know something like that.

Educational... yeah, that's the word.

17. isp2605

isp2605

Doesn't matter in this case. IL does not limit mags to 10 rds or any other limit on size.
    Don't know where the OP got his info but he's definitely wrong if he thinks IL prohibits him from owning anything other than 10 rd mags.
    It's bad enough when people from other states spread erroneous info about IL gun laws but there's no excuse for some dorkweed from IL also spreading erroneous stuff too.

18. itsgottabeapit

itsgottabeapit

Found this on ProMag's website

"Illinois: We do not ship, sell, or offer for sale any magazines over 12 rounds to anyone in Chicago, IL or anyone using a billing address in Chicago, IL. We do not ship, sell, or offer for sale any magazines over 15 rounds to anyone in Aurora, IL or anyone using a billing address in Aurora, IL."

I didn't read more but I think maybe the number is based on the caliber that was in the link. http://www.promagindustries.com/Articles.asp?ID=132&Redirected=Y

So without knowing what I'm talking about I'd say there is some kind of restriction in at least 2 places in IL.

19. isp2605

isp2605

He posted in another thread that he lives in Lake Co IL. He can run to any gun shop and buy any mag he wants.
    The OP made the comment that because he lives in IL he can't possess anything over a 10 rd mag. Not true. IL law does not restrict mag size.
    You can go to this site for municipalities that have local ordinances more restrictive than state law.
    http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/ordinances.cfm
    Some businesses won't ship ammo to any place with an IL address altho it is entirely legal for them to do so. They just choose not to do so.

20. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

Chicago has their own gun laws, the rest of illinois can have whatever the hell we want. No limit on mag capacity.