close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Magazine interchangable?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Rustin, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Rustin

Rustin

I've got a Gen 4 G19 that came with three mags. I happened to pick up some old 9mm glock mags at the gun show. One was a 15 round gen 3 mag and the other is an old G17 mag. The G17 mag has no 9mm marking which lead me to believe it is really old but they are both factory mags. Also as I look on the side of the mag there is no beveling like you would find on the other mags I have. When I insert the old mag it tends to stick a little before being completely seated. I want to know if it's OK to use this old mag, to make sure it won't gouge my frame. I was thinking of sanding down the mag a little to make it more beveled. Thoughts?

2. Veedubklown

Veedubklown

It might be after-market. If it didn't fit, I wouldn't worry about sanding it a little, not gonna hurt it. They're metal inside.

3. Chowser

Chowser

it is probably an old non metal lined mag. look inside, see if there is any metal lining.

the mag should swell when you load it.

it's probably the original non drop free mag.

4. hawgrider

hawgrider

There definately won't work if you switch the mag release to the other side - if you are a lefty that is.

5. Rustin

Rustin

There is metal in them and they are factory mags. Two Glock logos on the actual tube and the baseplate.Also It drops free unless it's full.