close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Magazine for Glock 27

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by olefirefighter, Feb 13, 2003.

1. olefirefighter

olefirefighter

I carry a Glock 27 and I need to buy a second spare. I have not look around yet, thought I would ask here first... Should I stay with the Orig Glock Mags or is there a better aftermarket out there??? And what would be a good price for either the Orig mag or the aftermarket mag???? Thanks for your time and help.

harley0711@yahoo.com

Why re-invent the wheel if you have the answers.... Thanks

2. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

Probably best to just get another G27 mag rather than an aftermarket one. ;I

3. laynlow

laynlow

Stick with the Glock. It should run you 18 - 22 bucks.

4. SHAF

SHAF

5. t-shooter

t-shooter

I often carry a 27. I always carry the weapon with an original 27 mag in it and a hi-cap 22 mag as the backup. I have never experienced a malfunction with the larger hi-cap mags. In the rare event that a reload is necessary to resolve a defensive situation, having 15 rounds immediately available may be a life saver. If I am traveling with the 27, I switch to the hi-cap mag whenever the weapon is not on my hip. In that way I have 16 rounds ready to go if needed. Hi-caps are expensive, but readily available from a variety of sources including CDNN and Topglock.

6. PodunkPopo

PodunkPopo

T-shooter, try shooting your g27 with the 15-round mag, using your weak hand only. You may experience occasional failure-to-feed malfunctions that you won't get with the standard 9-round mags(which in my opinion are actually designed to be 8-rounders).

7. wayne5plus1

wayne5plus1 Marketing Guy

stick with the glock ones and check ebay...otherwise try a gunshow!

8. ray9898

ray9898

I second IvanHoe, they are like $15 which is as cheap as you will find them. As long as the order is over $30 shipping is free.

9. t-shooter

t-shooter

I have tested the reliability of the Glock hi-cap mags in my 27 using a variety of grips and positions, including weakhanded, upside down, and intentionally weak wristing. I have never experienced a malfunction. Massad Ayoob, the well respected firearms trainer and writer, wrote an article on the Glock 27 and uses and recommends the practice of using hi-caps in the 27. It makes sense to not limit yourself to a 9 round mag when a 15 is readily available. Self defense situations are by definition, an unusual event. There is no basis that the event that occurs to you will fit in the 2 to 3 round average for such a shooting.

10. Chass

Chass

t-shooter.....were would one find the hi-caps for the glock 27?

11. t-shooter

t-shooter

I use Glock 22 hi-caps. They extend below the bottom of the grip on a 27, but function perfectly otherwise. They are available from a variety of sources listed on this forum.

12. Poohgyrr

Poohgyrr GEC #15 sheepsfoot

Beneath the old oak tree at Sutter's Fort
    Ahhhhhhh,

In some enlightened places, the standard capacity mags which happen to hold more than ten rounds are no longer legally buyable. In other places, you can't even possess them at all........;g

In any case, buy factory.

13. simon_hed

simon_hed

As for the original question, there is no way I would use anything other than factory glock mags in my 27, at least as far as carry is concerned.

I also do what t-shooter does. I have a 23 and some hicaps for it as well as 22 hicaps. I carry the 22 hicap as a reload whenever I carry either the 23 or 27.

I personally have never had a failure in any of the above configurations, however ymmv

14. Terry Newton

Terry Newton

If Ivanhoe get only $16 per magazine this is a great deal. The wholesale price from Simmons is $13.49 for factory mags.

15. proload

proload Member

Stick with the factory mags; they're 20 bucks at the most. I use Pearce +1 extenders without problems. My hands are large, and it makes the grip easier for me. You get an extra round, also. They are a nightmare to install, however, until you get used to doing it, then it's a breeze. For high cap mags from a reputable dealer, try Keislers; they have them occasionally.