close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Magazine clarification?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Cruiser1, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Cruiser1

Cruiser1 Still Alive

I am going to be shooting my G27 at the upcoming Pensacola match. I only have the three mags that came with it. I also have a half dozen G23 mags and five G35 mags. Can the G23 mags be used legally in the G27 for the match? I really don't want to have to buy any more mags right now if I don't have to.

2. GlockinRandall

GlockinRandall Member

Yup, you can use em, no problem.

3. Cruiser1

Cruiser1 Still Alive

Great, thanks. Just one less thing to worry about.

4. Sonnytoo

Sonnytoo

Yep, you can use them just fine. Have fun with those steel plates.
    S2

5. MajorD

MajorD

the only rule pertaining to the use of longer mags in a subcompact is that you can't put any type of grip sleeve over the magazine- it must be used as is. I use a few glock 23 mags in my subcompact when I shoot gssf. no problem. I will say in my experience (some may have other results) the 23 length mags gave me no problems but for some reason g 22 mags gave occaisional feed failures- this is likely due to my gripping the gun and mag and by pushing on the mag with my grip changing the feed angle slightly.

6. Cruiser1

Cruiser1 Still Alive

Thanks MajorD, should not be a problem then, I have stock bases on them and no sleeves. I have shot the G23 mags in the G27 and they functioned fine. No issues that I could see, so far.
    Sonnytoo: I am trying to not worry about the steel plates, I know that might just the most difficult for me. I do wish I had someway to practice on them before showing up to shoot the match. I have been using 8 inch paper plates as targets to at least get some kind of feel for the size of the real thing.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  7. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

At Conyers, I saw a G26, i assume, being used with Glock 31 rd mags in place. The shooter was taking FULL advantage of the extra gripping space and used a stacked, hand over hand, grip to help control the recoil.

8. SARDG

SARDG

If you buy one single G27 mag more, you will have all you need for each gun and every mag will feel and shoot the same in its respective gun. You just need 4 for the plates (and 3 each for 5 and M) and you can reload the mags between stages.

EDIT: Better yet... borrow one. Not from me though - I only have a G24 .40 cal.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  9. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Cruiser1
    Your G23 mags will do just fine! If you would rather shoot with G27 mags, I just might a few I can load you. Just PM me.
    By the way, I'm the Match Director for the Pensacola match.

Dan:cool:

10. Alexd29

Alexd29 Go Bucks!

That is hilarious, so if i have the mental picture right, he/she was gripping it like a samurai sword/baseball bat. You should have gotten pics Bama. :horsey:

11. SARDG

SARDG

You betcha... but do you have lots of folks to help you out when you return from your successful heart ablation. Probably won't be jogging around for a couple of days.

I'm sure we'll all have more questions as the time approaches - 1 month from today! :phew:

Kitty

12. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

Just a point to consider...90% of my GSSF shooting is done with a G26 pistol and G17 magazines. The extra length gives me more to grip. As such I have better control. Since I shoot three or four categories each match, having all G17 size magazines makes it easier when I am at the line shooting multiple entries. No flipflopping with the grip.

I have put the Glock + adapter on several of my G26 magazines and find them to be just as easy to shoot BUT for the matches I stay with my stash of 10 and 17 round G17 magazines. I have about twenty or so.

On one slow Sunday I shot 4 catagories in a row on the plates. Having the 16 magazines needed on hand and preloaded made for an enjoyable experience. :)

13. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

You are correct; samurai style! :mallninja:

14. Alexd29

Alexd29 Go Bucks!

Big thread drift here, but if you look up "Ninja Glock" by GunWebsites on youtube, its pretty funny. Some ppl think he is actually being serious.

Sorry again for the thread drift.

15. Cruiser1

Cruiser1 Still Alive

Thanks for the offer, I think I have enough to get me thru this match. I plan on shooting 2 catagories each with the gen 4 G27 and gen 3 G35. I also have a G23, but for some reason I seem to shoot the G27 better, it feels really good in the hand with the smaller grip size. I should be there for both days. Might as well make a weekend of it. Hope to meet your there.

PS: "Ninja Glock" very funny indeed.