Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
DEF wrong BPs. I've seen both No Hole/No Logo and No Hole/Logo on the GOLD Linered Mags. Since the BPs have been changed, what about the followers?

·
Premium Member
935 Posts

·
Registered
9,969 Posts
Back in the day, the NDF magazine(s) had a baseplate that was not reinforced, before baseplate and insert #3206 came out they were marked 455, most went on magazines with a silver U color viewed from the top rear of the magazine, gold and or black color U shaped NDF mags usually had base plates that slid on with no reinforcement, so these two mags have 455 baseplates with inserts (1693) marked I think, so they legally are correct, as they may have been changed out or actually came as pictured.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Sorry, but I disagree with above - IIRC, #455 BPs and inserts for later mags w/Silver or Black Liners, No Hole BPs only for gold liners. Lots of no hole BPs on early silver and black liners too. The gold liner mags also had a pronounced step at the bottom on the back.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Also disagree because they don’t seat well. They are difficult to lock in on gen 1 which is a 1986.Have a 1988 mag that is all original and it seats easily in my 1986.

The 1986 was upgraded in 1996 I’m sure that’s when this plates, springs and followers were changed out.

·
Registered
9,969 Posts
Ok we agree to disagree then, however the pic shows the 455 base on a silver u shaped ndf mag. Anyone have pics of ndf gold or black u shaped magazines oem from the factory with a 455 baseplate?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts