MAGA (Trump) giving up the Android?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by SC Tiger, Jan 21, 2017.

1. SC Tiger

SC Tiger As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Apparently Trump has had to switch from an Android phone to an iPhone. Well, to be more correct he has had to give up his Android, and Obama had a secure iPhone so I'm making an assumption on that part.

MAGA is a term used for Trump on another board I frequent. Took me a while to figure out what it stood for.

2. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

I suspect that Sercret Service agents carry government issue radio's also.

silentpoet likes this.

3. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

MAGA-Mega Ass Grabbing *******?

Jonesee likes this.
  4. SC Tiger

Make America Great Again. I think.

5. Bruce M

Bruce M

I have to guess he will adapt fairly easily. I think he will find that a lot of the things he is used to doing himself he will be able to delegate to others and be quite satisfied with the results. Also he has been security conscious in the past and he has at least publicly the last few months been supportive of law enforcement. He seems quick to analyze information and my guess is if he had any questions as to why he had to migrate to an iPhone, it was explained to him to his satisfaction.

6. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

With the difficulty I have had recently with call blocking not working right on my Samsung and difficulty with finding an anti virus that I am happy with, I have to admit I no longer filter out Iphones when I look at new phone selections online. Haven't made any decisions, but the day may come. Android is nice and open with lots of apps but on my last two, as Android updates have come thru, little annoying glitches have popped up.

7. SC Tiger

I think the Apple platform is easier to secure, due to the fact that Apple makes the phone, writes the OS, and approves any and all apps for it.

8. RenoF250

RenoF250

I would think the NSA would have a crypto app that would encrypt all data through the phone.

9. Deanster

Deanster Cheese? CLM Millennium Member

Really securing Android is tough/impossible.

Apple isn't perfect, but the Secure Enclave built into 5S and later phones is the best device security out there for now, with essentially an entire separate computer that does nothing but encrypt/decrypt all data as it moves in/out of storage on the phone, and control access using a key burned into the chip at the factory that becomes part of the encryption.

It's by FAR the best security approach out there right now.

10. SC Tiger

Ehhh...maybe. But the Iphone has Android beat in that regard. So why start in the best place you can?

I always question the idea that a government will have the best at anything. Quite often the best at something go where the money is, and that's the private sector.

11. RenoF250

RenoF250

Whatever iPhone has is public. The NSA would have special NSA stuff without having to mess with Apple nonsense. Regardless you have to secure the call with a unique encryption or the cell company can hear it. It needs much better than what is available on either iphone or android.

12. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

When Obama went IPHONE, everyone with IPHONE. It wasn't an option, rather a directive.