close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mag release modification ?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ambluemax, Feb 9, 2010.

1. ambluemax

ambluemax

Not sure how many of you fallow nutnfancy on youtube, but I'm looking to do his recomended sanding of the sharp edges on the mag release to my g23. The sharp edges and corners bug me and 400grit sandpaper seems like an easy enough solution.

My question for those who have done it is: is it best to remove the piece from the frame to work on it, or did you just do it in place. I'm kinda torn because I'm not really excited about detail stripping the frame but at the same time I don't really want to mark up my frame if I get sloppy with the sand paper either.

Any advice?

People recomending I buy this that or the other part and simply swap mag releases need not reply- I'm aware of those possiblities and am not interested.

2. TiltbackJack

TiltbackJack

Just put a few pieces of masking tape on the frame around the mag release and you should be okay. I knocked the leading edge of my mag release down a little bit(like 5 light stokes with the sandpaper) with no problems.

3. ambluemax

ambluemax

Ooo, there's an idea. Thanks!!

4. bluejdixon

bluejdixon Ammo Hoarder

Field strip the firearm, so you can look down the magazine well.

Use a small scewdriver to pop the release spring out of its slot and remove it.

There is nothing detailed about it, its easy!

5. Ima19man

Ima19man

I'm a HUGE Nutnfancy fan!!!! I'm so upset that I didn't order an extended mag release, he says its a must have in that video you're talking about and I need to order one soon!!

6. itsgottabeapit

itsgottabeapit

Yep like blue said, field strip the gun,....then I press in the mag release and take a small flat head screwdriver...I put the screw driver behind the magazine spring and twist the screwdriver, the mag release comes out pretty easy, and is a piece of cake to put back in.

You can also use a soft arkansas stone to smooth up the corners on the mag release.

The higher the grit on the sand paper the better 400 is plenty good. Don't go to fast or you'll gob up the plastic.

7. biggin215

biggin215

I've never been too bothered by the mag release but I did put and extended slide stop lever on my 21. I also put a 3.5lb connector. I want to get some grip tape to stick on it but I'm worried about it coming off and leaving gooey residue on my frame. I want to get some KRISS SMG mags for my 21 too... they look FUN!

Yeah, but about Nutnfancy, I love his videos. I have been working my way through all his videos. I have watched most of his outdoor adventures and I have watched ALL of his gun reviews. I worked my way through all of his "Under $40 knives" and some of the tactical folders. Check out cutlerylover and thecajunblaze also on youtube. I am on there too. Biggin2155 is my channel..

ok, done with my long post lol