close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mag Pouch for Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Zeker, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Zeker

Zeker

I have been using a Bianchi Hemisphere belt and mag pouches with my 1911 for IPSC. I'm considering switching to a Glock 35 and would like to know if the Hemisphere mag pouches (Para Ord. sized shown on Bianch website)will work with the Glock Mags. I asked Bianchi and they couldn't tell me. If they won't work, what adjustable cant mag holders would you recommend. The CR Speed won't fit on my 1-3/4 belt and I would like to not invest in another belt.

2. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Zeker,
    I found some closeout, adjustable glock mag pouches over on www.holsters.com . They are the retail sales part of safariland, I think. Anyway, go to "closeout holsters", then to the 077 mag pouch. It is adjustable tension & cant. It is also only $6.50 plus shipping. Seemed like a heck of a deal. I haven't received mine yet as I just ordered today but man, what a price! I also just ordered some last week ;Q from www.brownells.com. Here is the item number: 797-773-003
    Model 83 $35.25
    If you can find a brownells dealer, the dealer price is considerably better, by the way. However, it isn't anywhere near $6.50 . The model 83 does have a roller at the top to help the mag slide out faster, or easier & the model 077 doesn't. I thought the discontinued was so cheap, I just had to get one.
    Anyway, there are a couple of options for you. Welcome to Glock competition shooting! :) You may miss your 1911 trigger but when your glock keeps running day in & day out, no matter what, you will be glad you changed. MLM
    One more thing, the code on the closeout holster will tell you which belt it will fit. I think they have two or three different sizes. If it has a 150, 175, or 2 that is 1.5", 1.75" or 2"

3. Zeker

Zeker

Mark,
    Thanks for the great information. I'll check it out. By the way, while surfing the net, I found a Mike Garcia site with "xtreme" mag pouches that look interesting. They are $25 each and are adjustable for tension and cant.

http://www.frankgarciausa.com/proshop.html

Thanks again,
    Zeke

4. Guest

5. IPSC G34

IPSC G34 Sparky

I love my Xtreme mag pouches, can be used for STI/SV or Glock and VERY adjustable.

P.S. It's Frank Garica.

6. Zeker

Zeker

IPSC G34,
    Will the Xtreme pouches fit on an 1-3/4" belt? If they do I'll order a few.

Zeke

7. Guest

I've used them on some 1-3/4" belts as is and in some cases, with others, a few stokes with a file are needed as the actual loop opening is about a 1/16" - 1/32" shy of an actual 1 3/4" measurement.

Chris Patty
    Team AGrip
    www.cpwsa.com

8. Zeker

Zeker

Just received the Xtreme mag pouches from Chris Patty and they are the best pouches I have seen. They are completely adjustable for cant, magazine tension, and height at an unbelievable price.