close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mag finger pinch on G30..

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bcj128, May 6, 2012.

1. bcj128

bcj128

So I've heard a lot of problems with the stock Glock mag floorplates pinching your little finger during firing.

What are some fixes?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. agent88

agent88

fwiw

this happens to me with the G 27 but not the G 30 or the G 26 and all I use are the stock floor plates. Just take a little material off the mag plate, bevel the edge a little so it can't pinch.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: May 6, 2012

3. JBnTX

JBnTX

You can take a dremel tool or a small file and round off the sharp corners that come together to pinch your finger.

I fixed a Pearce mag extension for a G26 that way.

I've never had a problem with the Glock 30 factory mags.

4. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

I'm aware of two other "hardware" fixes:

• Replace the OEM mag floorplate with the Pearce +0 grip extension (PG-30). This provides a place to position the pinky finger away from the gap between mag floorplate and pistol grip. This works very well for me since I have a relatively slender pinky finger that fits comfortably in the Pearce finger groove. If the top, front edge of the Pearce +0 grip extension is uncomfortably sharp or pinches, it can be beveled and sanded smooth with fine grit sandpaper.
    • Install a properly sized O-ring on the mag body to fill the gap between mag floorplate and pistol grip. The O-ring thickness must not be too wide or it will make it difficult to seat the mag.
    If your hands are large enough, a totally different approach is to learn to shoot Glock subcompacts using a two-finger grip with the pinky finger below the mag floorplate (ala Hickok45). A compromise is to position the pinky finger on the bottom, front edge of the OEM floorplate of the 10-rnd mag rather than on the face of the floorplate at the junction with the pistol grip.

5. Chacho

Chacho

i didnt have that issue using the scherer grip extensions

6. PM720

PM720

I dont know if there are a LOT of problems but I have been pinched by 2 of my 20 odd mags. You try the solutions above or what I do, TAPE! :supergrin:

Scott

7. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

When I first got my G30SF and took it to the range my pinky got pinched really good to the point that I had a huge blister, never even noticed it till I got home, since then and after around 800 or so rounds thru the gun, Ive not been pinched since.. went out today with the wife and tried out my new Xs Big dot sights was very pleased with how fast it is to pick up that front sight... I shot like crap today LOL but still had a good time and shooting... man got off topic once again... sorry..

8. barth

barth six barrels

Yup, you do that a lot LOL!

Glad you like the Big Dots.
    I know they are not for everyone.
    But I really think they are underrated.

9. agent88

agent88

Guess I mis read. I've never had pinky pinched. Ring finger yes but not pinky.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

10. NVGlocker

NVGlocker NVGlocker