close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mag extensions for g30?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ashecht, Mar 14, 2012.

1. ashecht

ashecht

My new G30 from Ed's should be shipping by friday. Shoul I be havin them add mag extensions to all 3 mags? If so, do my fellow g30 owner have a preference o one type/brand over another?

2. powder86

powder86 SHOOT SAFE!

i don't do mag extension. i like to carry and shoot with the 9 rounders when I can get them working. But the regular 10 rounders are just fine too. but yea, i don't do the extensions.

3. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

On my G30SF, all 3 mags came with the extensions.

4. ZO6Vettever

ZO6Vettever

I have the 2-10 round it came with + a G21-13 round with an A&G filler. Wife has two round Glock factory extensions on her G26. They work as well as factory.

5. Hogpauls

Hogpauls

I'll second that thought.

6. vinstang67

vinstang67

With 10 rounds magazine, I do not feel any need for it.
    However, some mentioned that the pinky gets pinched between the magazine and the frame, including myself.

I am thinking about 9 rounds mag for carry but I haven't tried yet.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  7. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

ashecht, if you're asking about mag extensions that increase round capacity for the G30 mag, then I'll point you to my post at the following link where I list every combination I've tested and recommend:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16588610&postcount=3

We have "his and hers" G30SF pistols in our household and each of us carry ours daily for CCW. If you're asking about +0 grip extensions, I carry 10+1 using the Glock OEM 10-rd mag equipped with Pearce +0 grip extension (PG-30) and a spare 13-rd G21 mag concealed in a horizontal mag holder on my belt. My lady runs the Glock OEM 9-rd mag with Pearce +0 grip extension (PG-29). We are great fans of the Pearce +0 grip extensions for better, more secure control and comfort.

If you have a problem with pinching the pinky finger using the Pearce +0 grip extensions (I don't), others have suggested sanding the sharp top, front edge of the extension.

Some have installed a properly sized O-ring on the mag body to close the gap between the OEM mag floorplate and the base of the pistol grip to eliminate pinching.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  8. PettyOfficer

PettyOfficer

I bought my G30 used, came with 2 10 round mags with +0 Scherer extensions (not sure which exact model) and I bought another factory 10 round with glocks own flat extension base.

I need that extension, my huge hands don't fit well with the flush mount (ring finger starts to slide off)

I like all both type just fine, perhaps it's my big hands, but I've never been pinched.

If I sign up for GSSF, I will be buying the default plates or perhaps some Pearce +0s for the style.

9. Nutt51

Nutt51

Didn't use an added rounds extension, just a
    Pearce or Scherer for the pinky to relax on.
    When I carry I just carry a G30 mag. in the gun and
    2 loaded G21 mags. in the waist.

10. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

G21 mag + Arredondo +4 + a/g spacer = 18 rds for your 30

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

11. Hogpauls

Hogpauls

Hmmm.......... That G30 with the Meprolight night sights, extended slide lock, G21 mag with A&G grip extension sitting on the sandstone counter top looks strikingly familiar. :whistling: Great looking pistol, if I do say so myself. :supergrin:

12. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Har! You did such a good job of fitting the A&G grip extension, that I used it as an example of the best in the gallery of photographs. I gave you a mention in the footnotes. :wavey:

3. Photographs courtesy of Glock Talk members (a)Phantom465, (b)Butch, (c)jamesbern, (d)Hogpauls and various other sources on the Internet

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  13. cole

cole Millennium Member

The are not for me. I tried Pearce. Makes the pinky circumference larger. Sold them.

14. SgtRich

SgtRich

I have a G30 and a G30SF. I bought two Pearce PG-30 extensions for the mags, figuring they would enhance the grip. After trying them, I didn't like the way they felt. I put the original factory 10-round mag extensions back on the mags and love the way they feel when shooting, compared to the Pearce extensions. I'm not saying the Pearce extensions are bad, they're just not for me. YMMV.

15. Hogpauls

Hogpauls

Glad you liked it, I hope it helps others as well. Since I originally posted that reply those mags have seen roughly 1500 rounds each and have been dropped and thrown around and the extension still holds tight without any signs of movement.

16. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

It's good to read that your custom-fitted A&G grip extensions for the G21 13-rd mags are durable and stable. Thanks for the update.

I don't own any A&G grip extensions, but if (when) I try them I still have your excellent instructions bookmarked for future reference at

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16290380&postcount=2