close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mag extension for the G27?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Rayden, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Rayden

Rayden

Anyone knows if this mag extension for the G27 is a +1 or +2? I bought it off of LWD's site and it says +2 there in their description, but Top Gun Supply shows that it is a +1 (both look similar on their site).

Since the factory mag can hold 9, I can load 10 rounds of .40 in there without needing help from a mag loader. However, if I want to load the 11th round, there is no way I can load it with my bare hands. I have to load it with a mag loader and it just feels like I am giving ALOT of effort to push it in. That makes me really wonder if it should hold 10 or 11.

Anyone has this and can shed some light? Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  2. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Glock part #7151 +2 baseplate adds two rds to a 9mm Glock 26 mag and only one .40 cal rd to a Glock 27 mag.

3. Rayden

Rayden

The following from Lone Wolf is the reason I bought it. So are you saying that it should not be 11 rds and only 10? What gives?

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=643

" Original Capacity of 9 rounds but this magazine has a factory +2 extension installed so it actually holds 11 rounds. Current production FML (Full Metal Lined)."

4. ricky_arthur

ricky_arthur

What was stated above. it's plus 2 in a 9mm and but only +1 in .40.

I just got one in today also.

5. tango44

tango44

NOT TRUE!
    Glock 7151 + factory original extension, will give you +2 rounds in the G27 stock mag, with a 9 coil spring, 11 rounds total.

You have to make 100% sure that the mag insert is installed in the right position, in order to make it +2 if not it will only make it +1.

This is why Glock site indicates 9/11 rounds capacity for the G27:
    [​IMG]

http://www.teamglock.com/Glock-Buyers-Guide/Glock-27.htm

Make sure that it's installed right and leave it loaded for a few days and then you will be able to put 11 on it.
    Enjoy the G27, 11 rounders is the perfect gun with perfect grip.

6. ken grant

ken grant

I am sitting here looking at 10 new in pkg. G27 mags with + ext. numbered 7151. They have #8 followers.

The label on the pkg. is as follows

331306 020907

Magazine Glock 27 40 S&W

10-Round Polymer

MF01285

7. Rayden

Rayden

Mine came in a plastic bag with a tag that shows +1. Not sure if that is a tag from Glock, or LWD.

So I am confused:

1.) LWD stated +2 on its website, so I purchased it.

2.) It came in the plastic bag as shown below that shows +1

3.) I an only manually load 10 rds into it, and could not load the 11th rd with my bear hands and I consider myself pretty strong and definitely not a rookie when it comes to pistols and loading mags. The only way I got the 11th rd in there was to use a mag loader and it "barely" loaded in after I practically exerted some decent effort.

4.) Wrote LWD and they replied saying its 11 rds and I applaud them for the fast shipping and response to my questions. They suggest I load the 11th rd and keep it loaded for a while, but if it is taking way too much effort to jam it in, then just leave it at 10.

5.) From the link to the Glock site suggested by tango44, it does say mag capacity is 9/11.

So I am just confused as to whether it is for 10 or 11, and if it is safe to load the 11th rd consistently. Who here had actually use it for 11 rds and have had no issues with it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Small Tony

Small Tony

I have the Pearce Grip PG-39 and it is +2. So my G27 carries 11 rounds then 1 in the pipe for a total of 12 rounds in my G27.

9. Small Tony

Small Tony

I can tell you that my Pearce +2 I could not load the 11th round for the life of me. So over the course of a few weeks I kept the magazine loaded with 10 rounds. Then emptied the mag and loaded it again. Let it sit for another week. Then eventually the spring loosend up enough that I was able to get the 11th round in.

Call them and double check that it is +2 and if it is then just keep at it. It will eventually take the 11th round.

10. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Just a simple logistical problem, two rds of 9mm take up less space than the one of .40 so they go in an identical G-26 mag OK making it a 12 rounder, but alas most of my G-27 9 rd mags only get a 10th round of .40 in comfortably. Now if I use force I can get #11 in there but I believe its stressing the mag and not worth it. The trade off I like is the extra pinky support and one more round of ammo in the potent package of .40. Hey I have G-17 mags that I can squeeze 20 into comfortably by adding the 7151 + 2 bottom on................just they way things are.