close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Madonna Mocks The Crucifixion Of Christ

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by i_am_infinity, Oct 14, 2006.

1. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity Pang Altar

OCT. 9, 2006

NBC, Madonna Set To Mock The Crucifixion of Christ

Help send one million emails asking NBC to show Christians the same respect they show other religions.

Watch this video
    Video

Following the lead of Rosie O'Donnell and ABC, NBC has decided to join in the bashing of Christians by airing a Madonna special in November. A specific date has not been released.

In the show, Madonna, wearing a fake crown of thorns, descends on a suspended mirrored, disco ball-type cross. When some Christian leaders complained about the mockery, NBC ignored their concerns.

Making mockery of the crucifixion of Christ has been a trademark of Madonna for many years. In 1989 she had a video for the hit song "Like A Prayer." The video featured burning crosses, statues crying blood and Madonna--representing Jesus--freeing a saint from his sexual repression by seducing him. This is the same Madonna who once said, "Crucifixes are sexy because there's a naked man on them."

Kevin Reilly, an executive at NBC, said Madonna considered the scene mocking the crucifixion of Christ the highlight of her show. "We (NBC) viewed it and didn't see it as being inappropriate." Madonna considers mocking the crucifixion of Jesus the highlight of her show and NBC agrees.

TAKE ACTION

1. Help us secure one million emails to NBC asking the network not to air the Madonna special. Click the link below to send your email.

2. Call your local NBC affiliate and ask them not to run the Madonna special.

3. Help get the word out about Madonna's mocking the crucifixion by forwarding this email to your entire mailing list and urging them to take action.

4. Print out the AFA Pass Along sheet and distribute at your Sunday School class and church. Ask your pastor to encourage members to send an email to NBC.

Send Your Letter Now!
    Click here

Pictures of this mockery can be viewed online at www.afa.net

Oct. 13, 2006

Please help us get this information into the hands of as many people as possible by forwarding it to your entire email list of family and friends.

NBC Moves Ahead With Plans To Air Madonna Scene Mocking The Crucifixion of Christ

"Crucifixes are sexy because there's a naked man (Jesus) on them." - Madonna

Despite 740,811 emails asking the network to cancel Madonna's mocking of the crucifixion of Christ in an up-coming November special, NBC still plans to air the crucifixion mockery scene.

NBC said they found nothing wrong with the scene mocking the crucifixion of Christ. Such was not the case when NBC refused to show Danish newspaper cartoons depicting Muhammad in a negative light. NBC's message? Show respect for Muslims, but it is ok to bash Christians.

2. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

Though I am not overly religious, I'm still a practicing Catholic. Blasphemy disgusts me.

On the other hand, I'm also deeply involved with mass media and so I uphold the right to free speech.

So now what?

3. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity Pang Altar

all we're asking for is equal respect. if they're afraid to offend other religions why can't they give us that? they don't have to believe in Jesus Christ diba?! imagine this, they're censoring veggie tales which is a children's show that teaches moral values through the bible and they said it might offend people, is mocking the crucifixion of Christ not offending? :sad:

4. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

What I feel is pity.
    The 'Material Girl' is desperate for any kind of press.

Keep in mind that as Catholics, we believe that God
    loves even the blasphemers. We should pray that the wayward
    find again their way home.

If Christ Himself forgave those who not only mocked, but
    tortured Him, how can we do any less?

5. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Reminds me of Sinead O'Connor and his issue with Pope John Paul II

On 3 October 1992, the Irish rock singer Sinead O'Connor was the musical guest on Saturday Night Live. For her first song, Sinead performed the title track from her most recent album, Am I Not Your Girl? with a full backing band. For her second, she went with "War," a song by Bob Marley that had once been banned for its apparent advocacy of violence. In a very risky move, musically speaking, Sinead performed the song a capella. Dressed all in white, surrounded by candles and (as usual) shaven-headed, she was a riveting sight. With NBC-TV's cameras focused in-tight on her, Sinead ended her "War" by crying for another one to begin. "Fight the real enemy!" she called, and, out of nowhere, produced a copy of a photograph of Pope John Paul II, which she ripped into pieces.

Eventually, Sinead O'Connor made her peace with the Pope. On 22 September 1997, in an interview with the Italian weekly newspaper Vita, she asked the Holy Father to forgive her. She claimed that her attack on the photo had been "a ridiculous act, the gesture of a girl rebel," which she did "because I was in rebellion against the faith, but I was still within the faith." Quoting St. Augustine, she went on to add, "Anger is the first step towards courage."

http://www.notbored.org/sinead.html

6. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

7. isuzu

isuzu

Isn't it the second time she took a jab at Catholics? The first one was the song "Papa Don't Preach," where an image of Pope John Paul II was shown on the background.

8. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Gunpowder Adik

Typical of her being a misguided young girl to her now old and declining popularity.

She must be having a goodnight sleep everynight?????

9. Vault Keeper

Vault Keeper

lets just pray for her...she needs kit very badly!

10. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity Pang Altar

AFA supporters have won a great victory! The efforts of AFA Online supporters has forced NBC to cancel a scene in the upcoming Madonna special in which she mocks the crucifixion of Christ!

More than 750,000 AFA supporters emailed NBC asking for the scene to be deleted from the special which is scheduled to air in November. NBC saw a potential loss of $25,000,000 and decided to edit out the scene.

We were effective because we stuck together and combined our voices. Our supporters not only emailed NBC, but they also called their local NBC stations. Those stations contacted NBC and the network listened. The scene is gone!