close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Made an Impulse Buy

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by MinnesnowtaWild, Mar 17, 2012.

1. MinnesnowtaWild

MinnesnowtaWild

So I sold my SR9c today since I no longer have a use for it (my Glock 26 is my EDC now and does everything and more). It was a sweet gun, just do not need it anymore.

No more than an hour after I sell it, I bought a FNP-40 from a guy locally that had an ad up. I know absolutely NOTHING about these guns, and I don't even really care much for .40s&w but I thought what the heck...might as well. It seemed like a good deal to me and it's something different and new so I gave it a shot. I was going to get a Glock 23, but the local Glock dealer who sells blue labels has been out of them forever.

So, my question is...did I come out okay in this deal? Is this a quality pistol that will hold some value in case I decide I hate it? Anyone own one of these?

I paid $430 for it. It is a new FNP-40 with 5 magazines (3-10 round and 2-14 round), plus 100 rounds of 155g Lawman and 100 rounds of WWB 165g FMJ. Is this a decent deal?

[​IMG]

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  2. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

If you paid $430, ammo included, I'd say you made out like a bandit. Buds and Impact Guns are both out of stock (I think this series is being discontinued), but both list the most recent price as $450.

3. gumbee

gumbee

Yes, you did good. Resale value, don't know. I put just 45rds through mine and knew I had made a mistake. It's a great gun but the 12lb DA pull was too much for me, SA was fine though. I bought a 23 with what I got out of the FNP.

4. MinnesnowtaWild

MinnesnowtaWild

Gumbee...how does the gun feel besides the DA pull? I don't really mind it, considering it does not have a manual safety. But then again I haven't shot it yet.

I have a feeling I might end up selling it for $430 (the price after tax for Gen4 Glocks with blue label) and getting a G23 Gen4. Not positive, but I might do that. I'm hoping I can put a couple hundred rounds through it, and if I decide it's not for me that I could at least get $430 for it but that may be wishful thinking. Maybe I will love this gun and keep it. Who knows.

Edit: That is, if my local Glock dealer EVER gets G19/G23's in stock. They have been out of the compact and subcompact 9/40's for a long time. Quite frustrating.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  5. bac1023

bac1023

Very nice

Congrats! :cool:

6. gumbee

gumbee

Other than the DA pull, its a great gun. It's accurate and the recoil for a .40 is mild. I'm used to light triggers so, 12lb is heavy for me. Try it, you may like it!

7. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Liberty or Death

Sounds like you got a pretty good deal to me. FN makes some pretty decent guns IMHO. Congrats.

8. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Seems like a good deal money-wise and they make good stuff. Only thing will be to see if you like the DA/SA. If you wanted something different for recreational shooting this certainly fits the bill and is a quality item.

9. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Good looking pistol.

10. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Good deal, enjoy the gun I think you'll like it

:50cal:

11. MinnesnowtaWild

MinnesnowtaWild

I cannot wait to shoot it. I will report back when I do with my first impressions. The more I read about these, the more excited I am and and convinced that I may have actually made a decent impulse decision.

12. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

I'd say you did pretty good!

13. DAIadvisor

DAIadvisor

We have them for 411 out the door here. I already bought one, probably will buy another one.

14. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I have the FNP in 9mm. Got it back in December on sale at Cheaper Than Dirt for $369, with 5 magazines.
    The gun is kind of FN's inexpensive model but a decent gun.

With the extras I think you did OK on the price.:)

15. MinnesnowtaWild

MinnesnowtaWild

Is $30 a good price for three more 14 round magazines?

16. Dubble-Tapper

Dubble-Tapper

i like those guns, i got to fondle one the other day in the LGS, almost thought about picking it up. Im waiting for a P226 to come along though, ive wanted one for too long.

17. MinnesnowtaWild

MinnesnowtaWild

I really liked and wanted a Sig SP2022 or a CZ75 P-07 Duty but both of them are a little too much money for me to get right now. This FNH seems very similar to the SP2022 so I am pretty happy. I think I like the decocker on the Sig better but I do really like the FNH.

I figure if I hate this thing, I can sell it used and maybe even get my money back.

18. Glock40man

Glock40man

19. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

You mean $10 each?
    You bet, I like a lot of magazines. I'd pay that.

I don't remember for sure but I priced the mags when I bought my FN and I think they were at least $28 each.

20. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.