close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Made a trade today

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Gthirty9, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Gthirty9

Gthirty9

I handed off my G39 for a nice G27 with night sights and a lone wolf barrel. Can't wait until I take it to the range on monday!!! I'll update with pics tomorrow hopefully.

2. floorburn_21

floorburn_21 Medium speed, some drag.

Nice! I wish I had a conversion barrel

3. Gthirty9

Gthirty9

Oh it isn't a conversion barrel unfortunately:crying:. Just a lone wolf 40 S&W. The 9mm conversion is the very next thing on my list of purchases.

4. RedHaze

RedHaze Handgunner

Wait... so you traded a used stock 39 for a used 27 with night sights and another barrel?

You sir, got a great deal if you ask me.

5. Gthirty9

Gthirty9

I apologize. I left an important part of the deal out. The 39 had a lightning strike aluminum trigger with a 3.5 lb. connector so that evened things up a bit. I also gave him a cheapo holster, and a case of 20 federal home defense rounds, but only 1 magazine. He gave me the 27, aftermarket case, a case of winchester white box and 2 magazines. Plus he didn't include the original barrel for some reason.
    Oh yeah and he said he didn't like that there was only 1 magazine and not much ammo so I threw in an old backup camera that I bought like 4 or 5 years ago :rofl:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  6. RedHaze

RedHaze Handgunner

7. CynicX

CynicX

Hmm... I knew a guy (used to be a friend but no longer) who did this with a G19 (iirc). He used an cheap barrel (Lone Wolf) because of a KB. After that he was afraid to shoot it cause somethings didnt look/feel right.

Personally I would have sent it back to Glock or disposed of it.

He traded it for a G17 just to get out of it. Reason I bring this up is he said he wanted a higher capacity gun too just as a BS excuse...

After that and hearing a lot of stories like that I'd never buy/trade on a modified gun. Too many people break theirs and try to pawn it off on someone else.

You do have to wonder where the original barrel is right? Why would someone buy a Lone Wolf .40 cal barrel to replace a Glock .40 cal barrel unless the OEM had a problem.

8. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Given the lack of trade value of .45 GAPs, I'd say you did OK. Did you also get the original barrel and a Lone Wolf replacement or conversion, or is it Lone Wolf only?

9. CynicX

CynicX

^^^

Sounds to me like its the Lone Wolf only. Which is the reason for my previous post. That would raise to many questions for me...

10. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

That answers my question. My first job would be to find a good used original barrel for the 27 (I'd even call the original owner and see if he'd offer to throw it in or sell it cheap (i.e. $30-50). No way I'd want it without an original barrel - the Lone Wolf is fine if you want to shoot lead at the range, but I would prefer to only carry with a Glock barrel.

11. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

An interesting trade. keep us posted as to how it shoots.

12. ssgrock3

ssgrock3

oem barrels can be found on gunbroker, auctionarms.com, used to ebay, but not sure on that one.
    lots of reasons to not have the oe barrel...lost it more than likely. someone could have been shooting lead and just lost it. Glocks are pretty simple machines to inspect. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Inspect the gun, if you want a stock barrel (i like them, if not shooting lead) then buy one. I think you trade still looks right to me.\

agreeed with bren above. I am too scary to not carry with anything but a stock barrel, tolerances are such that I can feed it Anything. My aftermarket barrels are reliable, but I still switch back to stock if carrying the gun. just peace of mind for me.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  13. Gthirty9

Gthirty9

He was genuinely surprised that he left the lone wolf barrel in there so I asked if he wanted to go grab the original and swap them out. But he lives pretty far away so he said I could keep it because it wouldn't be worth the drive considering he wouldn't have any use for the lone wolf anymore anyways. He dropped the lone wolf in because he liked that it was polished and reduced any possibility of snag. I've checked it out and it looks fine. Nothing visibly wrong with it and it dry fires just fine. I will know for sure on monday though. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

14. Boost_Junkie

Boost_Junkie Mike November

Why don't you have him mail it to you? I mean, if you want to sell it in the future it may be a deal breaker for some/most people that know what there buying.

Manny

15. NateWarn

NateWarn RaptusRegaliter

While I agree that it's odd he didn't have the stock barrel, I would say the MAJORITY of people who buy an aftermarket barrel do it because they like to tinker... besides, a Glock OEM barrel would have been cheaper than a LWD, wouldn't it?

16. MonsterB

MonsterB

I believe the stock Glock barrel is around 150 clams and the Lone Wolfe is 100....could be wrong but thats what I remember seeing for prices in December...

17. Gthirty9

Gthirty9

Update: I called him up and he said he would deliver the stock barrel as long as I gave him the lone wolf barrel. Plus he is one of those guys that likes to talk about his guns nonstop so that is a good tell of how legitimate he is. I decided to hang on to the lone wolf barrel. He said if anything goes wrong with it he would gladly trade back. I feel very good about this deal.

18. NateWarn

NateWarn RaptusRegaliter

19. NateWarn

NateWarn RaptusRegaliter

Glad to hear it all worked out! With all of us raining on your parade and all... :supergrin:

20. Gthirty9

Gthirty9

Update: I just took it to the range today and let off about 60 rounds. It shoots great! Not a single thing went wrong. I'd post my targets but I would just embarrass myself. I'll have to get used to it first.