Mad Dog is retiring

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by B C, Dec 20, 2018.

1. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 L T G

[​IMG]@realDonaldTrump

"When President Obama ingloriously fired Jim Mattis, I gave him a second chance. Some thought I shouldn’t, I thought I should. Interesting relationship-but I also gave all of the resources that he never really had. Allies are very important-but not when they take advantage of U.S."

DonGlock26 and Scrappy like this.
  2. Steve T.

Steve T.

He sounds like a petulant little child. Please, someone get him off Twitter.

czsmithGT, Cambo, F14A and 2 others like this.

3. Silvertiger27

Silvertiger27

I find it endlessly amusing that Twitter is pretty much how Trump won the election. Your fake news overlords couldn't maintain a stranglehold over his words and twist them to suit their agenda.

Speaking of which, isn't it time to head over to CNN so you can be told what to think today?

Glock1963, Scrappy and Dave Brubaker like this.
  4. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

[

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    Budqweiser likes this.
  5. D-Ric902

D-Ric902

BREAKING: Trump Pushes Out Mattis!
    GET OUT

President Trump has decided to replace Secretary of Defense James Mattis before Mattis scheduled Feb 28th departure date announced last week in his resignation letter.

Deputy Secretary of Defense Patrick Shanahan will become the acting secretary on January 1, President Trump tweeted on Sunday.
    https://www.redstate.com/tladuke/2018/12/23/breaking-trump-pushes-mattis/

6. xTerpx

xTerpx

Ironical. You call him a child, then, like a child who doesn't like what he hears, want someone to 'please make him stop, mommy.' :aodnsb:

Glock1963 and Dave Brubaker like this.
  7. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

James Mattis Is Not America’s ‘Indispensable Man’

He was undermining the president’s agenda.

The cranks at MSNBC lamented the loss of America’s “Secretary of Reassurance.” Yet, that’s not what Mattis was paid to do. James Mattis was hired by the duly elected president of the United States to implement a set of policies that President Trump had campaigned on. Unfortunately, like the other indispensable men listed above, Mattis clearly had his own policy goals that he wished to implement — even if they did not align with the president’s. And Mattis was doing more than “reassuring” world leaders or domestic opponents of the president (an act, which, in itself is somewhat insubordinate).

Mattis was slow-walking essential parts of the president’s agenda.

On the matter of the much-needed space force, Mattis undercut his commander-in-chief by submitting a letter to Congress in the summer of 2017 saying that he, as secretary of defense, did not support the creation of another branch of the military (thereby supporting the Air Force’s preference to maintain a grip on military space operations while never fully supporting the vital mission of space dominance). It was not until recent weeks that a major military space policy announcement was made… and it was hardly in keeping with the president’s desire to see a “separate and equal” space force.

Mattis begrudgingly followed through on Trump’s orders to deploy U.S. military personnel to the border, while he insisted that the military would not partake in actual border enforcement. It is likely that a pending presidential order commanding the Pentagon to fund the creation of a border wall helped to precipitate Mattis’ departure from the Department of Defense as well.

Then, of course, Mattis consistently clashed with Trump over his views on making traditional American allies actually pay for the defense we are providing them. He also disagreed with the president on Trump’s desire to withdraw American troops from the quagmire that is Afghanistan and from the potential quagmire of Syria.

Come to think of it, from the outset of the Trump Administration, Mattis displayed a discomfort with the president. When he first became secretary of defense, reports circulated that he was attempting to fill his Pentagon staff with virulent “Never Trumpers” from both the Bush wing of the Republican Party and the Obama and Clinton wings of the Democratic Party. It was likely Mattis’s inability to fully gel with the president’s agenda as well as with personality differences (Trump is a notorious showman and Mattis is considered to be a “warrior monk” who eschews the limelight) that led to his sudden departure (although, Mattis’ departure had been speculated for several months preceding the official announcement)..........................

https://spectator.org/james-mattis-is-not-americas-indispensable-man/

Csv, fx77 and xTerpx like this.
  8. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

I read a comment on Yahoo to the effect of Mattis having a meltdown over abandoning the Kurds. According to the poster, that was what caused him to resign.

I can't blame him for that. Turkey is building up military forces in Syria now, and they are going to slaughter the Kurds if they get a chance.

I'm not thrilled about our involvement in Syria at all, but I'm also not thrilled about tinpot regimes like Russia and Syria having control in the region and/or spreading their influence. Nor severing ties with our allies.

Great.....a white-collar Boeing Executive with no military experience as SOD. Basically a "yes man".

What could possibly go wrong with that.....

nosfed92gt, OGW, Cambo and 2 others like this.
  9. Steve T.

Steve T.

Kind of like what Trump did and ended up bowing to Rush and Ann Coulter? Hey if they can influence your president.....

10. Steve T.

Steve T.

What an idiot Trump is. He pushes Mattis out several days after hearing the resignation letter was negative. Wtf? He couldn’t figure that out the same day everyone else did.

ezod98, Jade Falcon and Cambo like this.
  11. F14A

F14A

One thing has become abundantly clear, Trump can't get along with anyone..

It's going to be a rough two more years.

nosfed92gt, OGW, ezod98 and 3 others like this.
  12. ItnStln

ItnStln

What?

13. ItnStln

ItnStln

Anybody who thinks obama or Clinton is better than Trump suffers from mental retardation

Glock1963, Scrappy and Dave Brubaker like this.
  14. xTerpx

xTerpx

Is that worse than firing him without the decency to let him know like Hussein did to Mattis? Your fake moral outrage is laughable, sir.

Dave Brubaker and MotoGlock like this.
  15. Silvertiger27

Silvertiger27

What? Did you run out cogent thoughts for the day?

And don't forget, he's your president to. Your President.

Dave Brubaker likes this.
  16. ray9898

ray9898

The only swamp Trump is managing to drain is the one he created. He has so many internal problems he will never make it to the problems outside of his circle.

OGW, Steve T. and Jade Falcon like this.
  17. Scrappy

Scrappy

Im sure it was ok with you when Osama Obama got rid of him and Im sure we would be much better off with the Psychopath corrupt Hilary?

18. shyguy

shyguy

General Mattis, thank you for your long and distinguished service. (from a veteran)

F14A, Gen IV, D-Ric902 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

Seriously. I've never seen so much cabinet turnover from one administration in my entire life. It's pathetic. I had so much hope in him when I voted for him, and I still do....but ******* it gets more difficult by the day. I'm running out of excuses and patience.

But of course, you can't say any of this to Trump's Disciples. It's illegal, according to them, to be objective and honest with yourself about his tenure as President. Otherwise, you're some kind of freedom-hating Communist who voted for Hillary.

Or it's somehow Hillary's fault. Or Obama's. Despite the fact that neither of them are president.

We are our own worst enemy. If the Right doesn't stop endless conspiracy theories and blindly dismissing everything as "fake news" or using whatabout-isms in every argument criticizing Trump, then we are going to lose our asses in 2020.

It's time to start holding him accountable for his nonsense. That doesn't make us "Never-Trumpers"....it makes us objective. Some on the Right need to grow up and accept that.

20. jmaj

jmaj

Face it, the "establishment" under Bush II put us into 2 disastrous wars.
    As far as Bush I is concerned, well this.
    "In a now famous interview with the Iraqi leader, U.S. Ambassador April Glaspie told Saddam, “[W]e have no opinion on the Arab-Arab conflicts, like your border disagreement with Kuwait.” The U.S. State Department had earlier told Saddam that Washington had “no special defense or security commitments to Kuwait.” The United States may not have intended to give Iraq a green light, but that is effectively what it did."