GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just got back from running on the greenway for the first time since last week. This time with a ComfortTac Belly Band and Springfield Hellcat. Of course there was no one carrying a machete or even anyone who looked remotely threatening out there today.

·
Registered
10,152 Posts
Tunebelt makes neoprene belt packs that are perfect for carrying a firearm while engaged in sporting activities.

https://www.tunebelt.com/tune-belt-classics/

If you are a bit portly they sell an extender to get around a bit of middle-aged spread.

I carry my 9mm, pocket pistol in one of above when riding a bike. Also carries my keys and ID. Nice to keep that stuff dry.
Back in the early 90s they were called 'fanny packs'.

·
Registered
10,152 Posts
I would call the police if I saw someone walking around with a machete. You can bet your *** they would call the cops on YOU, if you were walking around with a gun in your hand.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Just got back from running on the greenway for the first time since last week. This time with a ComfortTac Belly Band and Springfield Hellcat. Of course there was no one carrying a machete or even anyone who looked remotely threatening out there today.

Guess he saw that you were prepared for trouble and ya scared him off :)

·
Formerly retired EE.
13,199 Posts
Back in the early 90s they were called 'fanny packs'.
These are different. They are much closer fitting and they stay put. And they are comfortable anywhere around your body (in front, on the side etc).

·
Pretty Ladies!
4,360 Posts
Need machete for sneks.

·
NRA Life Member.
3,508 Posts
I rode my bicycle a lot on a rails to trails trail, 16 miles, in previous years. It was all volunteer maintenance. I always carried my "foot long" throwing knife to use like a machete right from the seat of the bicycle and never even get off. Got to be a "game" to play by myself riding along and se how many weeds, vines and encroaching limbs I could whack as I was pedaling along. Got more than a few long looks over the years, especially the closer I got to the end near town. Funny thing is the more "towny" people looked like they had NEVER LIFTED A FINGER to keep the trail cleared or clean, the stranger they look at the people who do.

Those trees and stuff just clear themselves they figure.

Reactions: nrajeff

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Our Greenway here in Fayetteville Arkansas can get pretty rough. The cops patrol it pretty regularly but there's always something happening on it. Drugs, violence and we had a serial killer for awhile that was killing homeless people around the UofA. He/she was using the Greenway to travel.

·
Registered
12,049 Posts
I jog my local greenway a couple of times per week. A few bicyclists, walkers, dog walkers, etc.. There are a few people who carry sticks while walking, presumably to fend off stray dogs. The path is paved and large enough for a car to drive on.

Yesterday, I approached a group of around 10-12 people walking slowly. Most were male, a couple of smaller kids and maybe a female or two. Because there were so many people grouped together, I decided to pass them on the grass to my left.

As I neared and veered to the left, I noticed one in the group was holding a machete in his right hand. I made my pass and kept going, keeping an eye out for any movement. And, I didn't see them again as I made my way back a few minutes later.

I thought it odd that someone would carry a machete in hand on the greenway. It seemed way out of place and made me wonder what the intent was. I guess I need to break out my belly band when I jog on this greenway from now on.
The fact that there were kids with them makes me think the machete was not for criminal use.

·
Registered
30,230 Posts
The fact that there were kids with them makes me think the machete was not for criminal use.
Gangs call children “pee wees”, and can be just as deadly.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Yeah...here in Florida, we call them "bicycle trails". Imaginative, eh?
Here in Pineless (Pinellas) County Florida the county pulled up a rail line to make the Pinellas SunCoast Trail from Gulfport to Tarpon Springs and beyond.
Then a decade later lamented the lack of commuter rail and put a referendum to raise the sales tax to build a commuter rail line. Government and logic never intersect.

Reactions: railfancwb

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
Gangs call children “pee wees”, and can be just as deadly.
Underage kids can be runners, deliver drugs and get cash, etc and if caught will receive little or no punishment. The “adult” gangsters are clean.

Reactions: nursetim
21 - 36 of 36 Posts