close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mac users?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by BilltheCat, Jan 25, 2007.

1. BilltheCat

BilltheCat Quieter Cat Millennium Member

Do you think .Mac is worthwhile to buy? Its on special at like $69 for a year. I know next to nothing else about it. Just that it has training and cert programs and backup capabilities.

anyone have experience with .Mac?

thanks

2. Nightspell

Nightspell Avid Nudist

3. BilltheCat

BilltheCat Quieter Cat Millennium Member

work pc's block video downloads.

hafta look later. But Mac's do not suck. Bill Gates and PC's suck!

4. BrushyBill

BrushyBill

I have .mac... I'm not sure that I've really used it enough to justify the cost. The overall idea of it is pretty good.. automatic syncing of files/contacts/etc is nice. The only thing I've every actually sync'd is contacts, though.

I probably won't ever use it as my main email address.

I'd give it an overall "neutral" rating. It does allow you to play with some of the .mac integrated features of iWeb and the rest of the "i" family.. I'm not completely convinced I'd ever actually point anyone at the site those apps manage on .mac versus something I can control more personally like my main site I keep for my domain.

5. Deanster

Deanster Cheese? CLM Millennium Member

I have it.

My official opinion is... meh.

I had a .mac e-mail address when they were free, and I wanted to keep it, so I've paid up.

There's nothing wrong with it, and the integration with the Mac is excellent - the disk storage and backup are nice, and the web posting from iPhoto is OK, etc., etc., but is it really worth $69/year?

Probably not, really.

I could get nearly all the same services for free elsewhere, but not so nicely integrated, and with a whole lot more ads in my face...

I'm not unhappy with .Mac, and I keep paying 'em, but it's not a 'must have'.